Cannot update workshop MOD after re-downloading Devkit

Had an issue with dev kit had to reinstall parts of it, but now my MOD that is on the workshop can not be updated, what and where do i go/do to reconnect my Devkit to my MOD? Each time i try to point my worshop mod ID in the mods.db it wipes when i open the devkit…

Same problem here. Only fix I’ve been able to come up with for this issue is using the old Modtool to cook it and upload it. Not ideal, but only way I can update my mod currently. I’ve brought this issue to the Dev’s already and it’s being investigated just so you know. Hopefully they can come up with a solution here shortly.

Also you may want to try before that editing the mod’s .vdf file. Example; Canna-Ark_Light.vdf.

Open it with a word program and find the workshop item ID, replace it with the existing one you want to update, save, then try again. Make sure you check the mod.db (while the Dev Kit is closed), and make sure your update saved there as well.

If that doesn’t work then you are in the same boat as me and a few others with having to use the old modtool to upload it temporarily until this gets fixedx.

• Sinari

I had to upload it manually using “steamcmd” and then point it to my “VDF”

1. C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ARKDevKit\ModTools\SteamCMD\Steamcmd.exe
  2. Login “username” “password”
  3. workshop_build_item C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ARKDevKit\ModTools\ModConfigs\ “MODNAME.vdf”

Having to change the ID and then redirect all my subs to it is ridiculous, fix is need, i tried what the Devs mentioned with the mods.db file and it just kept erasing once i opened the Devkit so that did not help at all. Using the steamcmd directly points to your vdf which pulls your cooked MOD output content… so that will have to work for now.

Same issue as I am having then. Exactly to the T. May I ask how you uploaded it manually via steamcmd? This is the first I’ve heard of that method.

And I agree. They just didn’t have enough info on the issue for a while to know if it was limited to just me or others. Now they do. Heads up, their turn around time on bugs like this is REALLY REALLY fast, so I wouldn’t doubt if we saw a resolution for this here within the next few business days if not even sooner.

At least you we’re able to resolve this issue for you within a reasonable time hehe. I had to deal with this issue for 5 days without knowing how to fix it, with my mod being public and having bugs needing to be fixed :stuck_out_tongue:

Thankfully someone was kind enough to tell me about the old uploader working. I def would prefer to use the steamcmd method you are talking about though, as I think the old uploader doesn’t cook out mac versions of the mod (could be wrong).

• Sinari

Sorry i edited my post, reread it again for a workaround. Here it is again tho. Make sure your VDF has the correct steamID in it and cooked content path then you are GTG to run the below steps. The VDF points to the cooked content so having to use the uploader in UE4 is more a convienance i guess, even tho it seems to scre up my change notes and does not add them all to steam upon multiple uploads… I have to manually edit them in the workshop.

1. C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ARKDevKit\ModTools\SteamCMD\Steamcmd.exe
  2. Login “username” “password”
  3. workshop_build_item C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ARKDevKit\ModTools\ModConfigs\ “MODNAME.vdf”

Aha. I knew there was some command to do it, just didn’t know what it was. I thank you and I’m sure others will as well, this is a good temporary fix until the Dev’s push this out fixed in an upcoming Dev Kit build.

Cheers for taking the time to explain the steps :smiley:

@Drake or anyone from Wildcard, could these steps added as an alternative resolution to the stickied thread until the fix is pushed?: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?77634-Quick-Note-How-to-manually-override-the-Steam-PublishedFileID-for-your-Map-Mod

Please & thank you

• Sinari

Not a problem