Cannot remove footwear

The documentation suggests that you can click and article of clothing once to use it, and then a second time to remove it. This seems to be possible for clothing tops and pants, but not for footwear. Is it not possible to remove the footwear?

4 Likes

Currently you can only get them down to their sandles. We could remove the footwear in blender (or I assume Maya) afterwards. It wouldn’t be too difficult.

I had no trouble removing the footwear in the Blueprint on a figure in her underwear, in the mesh box

1 Like

right! Excellent point. Easy to do right in Unreal.

It depends what it is you want to do. If you want a mesh that you can create your own clothes from there is a preview mesh for each type in unreal that you can export as fbx into Maya and has skeleton and weighting information, no clothes, no sandals.

I’m aware that this is easy to do in Unreal or edit in Maya and export as FBX, I’m just saying that it seems almost like a bug in the Metahuman Creator UI itself that the footwear functionality behaves differently than the shirt and pants. Maybe not quite a bug, but it seems like it would be easy to add the same “None” option to footwear so we don’t have to export it out unnecessarily and then edit afterward to remove it.

5 Likes

BUMP.
I am also having this issue, when removing the footwear in UE5 or Blender it also shows that there is no foot mesh beneath the shoes. Do the metahuman meshes just not have feet? Huge bummer for games that want an equipment customization screen.

2 Likes

When creating the metahuman set the feet to sandles and you will have feet. You will have to remove the sandels…

soniadudek Hi! How did you do that? i’m looking for an answer desperately everywhere! Please, can someone explain how i could remove this stupid flip flops haha?

esse Ă© o meu primeor post em fĂłrusn, e gostaria que chegasse para todos.

Make an invisible material then use that on the sandals mesh material

In the viewport, select “Feet”. In Details, go to Mesh in “Skeletal Mesh Asset”, reset the property and compile.

I hope this will help you.

Update: I do apology! I just realize that it only works with the sandals.