Cannot package with Substance plugin

Ok so I have a project that I have just updated a project to 4.5 and I updated the Substance plugin to the 4.5 version as well. So with the new shadow model I’m happy with the way it looks enough and I want to Pack it up and play it on my testing machine. “Better Video Card”. So when I try to pack it up everything is all rainbows and unicorns. When I launch the resulting build however. I get this:

SubstancePackError.jpg

So after some searching I found this thread:
http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,2507.0.html

It says :

So I do as it says and go into my project and select:

File>Add code to project.

Select Empty class then Create. IT does some stuff then asks if I want to open Visual Studio. I select yes,

Visual studio Opens with the new class in the editor. I select save all and then close visual studio.

Back in the Editor I then select Package>windows>windows 64

that fails saying that moduel MyProject is not compiled or canot befound.

so I go back to the file menu and “hey wasnt there a compile command here before?” select open visual studio.

So it opens and I right click on MyProject and select build

That runs for a sec and I get :

Error	1	error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Users\username\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\Substance\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-SubstanceCore.dll'	C:\Users\username\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LINK	MyProject

Error	2	error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\username\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\MyProjectEditor\Development\Plugins\Dynamic\UE4Editor-SubstanceCore.exp	C:\Users\username\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR	MyProject

I checked the path and the files does exist right where it says it does.

So what gives? Please help I need to get something to show to my boss today and I cant do it unless I get this sorted out.

Rama told me that currently blueprint Only project do not work with Plugin, but think Epic is looking into it. Hopefully, by year end, we have this resolved.

This should help you out (if it hasn’t already):

The issue is you have to delete the binaries folder then it will compile and pack!

Quote from: Coyne on October 16, 2014, 07:43:20 PM
Hey, can you try deleting the folder:

UnrealProject/Plugins/Substance/Binaries

Where UnrealProject is where your .uproject is located.

It almost seems like a write issue overwriting the dll