Cannot load Remote Control Web Interface Web App on other devices

I tried the Remote Control Web Interface. Everything worked fine until I tried to open the web app on other devices. The Remote Control Web Interface server is running without error, I can open the web app on my computer’s browser using my computer’s IP and port set in the plugin setting.

When I tried to use my phone to open the same website with the same IP and port, the site took forever to load. The browser waited a few minutes and then reported “[my IP] took too long to respond.” I could use my phone to open other web server hosted on my computer, so I’m sure they are in the same network.

I also tried to run Unreal Editor and Remote Control Web Interface on my laptop, this time I could see the web app from my computer. I don’t know what is wrong on my computer. Where do I start to troubleshoot? I tried to delete the Remote Control Web Interface plugin folder and reinstall it by verifying the engine install, which didn’t help.

hi @sc10221
This probably covered in the latest documentation
Remote Control Web Application | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

Hi, @Jimbohalo10

I learned I can check the output log in this documentation. The logs from my computer and my laptop are the same except for the IP address. However, this doesn’t solve my problem that my remote control web app hosted by my desktop PC is not accessible by other devices (they can open other things hosted on the same PC), but when I host remote control with my laptop, it can be accessed by other devices. Every setting mentioned in the documentation is the same across two computers. Do you know where else I can start troubleshooting?

Thank you!

I found one line in my output log:“LogSlate: Window ‘Remote Control’ being destroyed”

I don’t know if this is related.

Thank!

Found article on Windows Remote Security might help

How to use remote desktop on Windows 10 | ITPro

This is likely a Windows security issue. Try temporarily disabling your firewall and see if it works.