Cannot install Unreal Engine

Similar problem. I haven`t got any unreal engine versions installed, when pushing “Install Engine” button at the top right corner nothing happens

Experiencing the same issue as @Altair7610. Just doesn’t want to install.

Has this been fixed I cant download the button is gray and library is empty

same problem

Same problem here :frowning:

Hi Folks,

uninstalling and reinstalling several times does not change anything on EpicInstaller Build 12.1.7-enterprise( installation tried out on 18.08.2021).
What worked for me was a click on the install button for Twinmotion. After a few seconds, the Install Button for the Engine was reactive again and I could proceed.

You might have to delete the original Program Files folder for the concerned UE version, if as in my case you had a working version already installed.

Well, good luck.

4 Likes

That worked for me, TX

for anyone who have the + greyed out problem, mine got fix by clicking download early access button on ue5 tab

hope it helps

3 Likes

Yeahhh! that works for me. UE 5 early acces and it appear. At first time I cannot change version so I clicked again and TACHANN I can install version I need

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue, and what worked for me was to just leave it for a few hours. :smiley: So odd, but after trying a lot of the recommendations above without any success, I just walked away for a couple hours, and when I came back, it already had 4.27 displayed, ready to install.
Maybe grab a cup of coffee, chat around the water cooler, and it’ll fix itself? :smiley: Could be some server authorization feedback loop going on, and eventually it just works…

2 Likes

Had this issue, deleted an old projects folder, clicked ‘Edit Vault Cache Location’ and cleared that. The Install 4.27.0 popped back up.

Mr_Curious

Oct '20

Make sure its not Library on the side… It needs to be here:

November 2021 and couldnt figure out where to download the engine either

thank you <3

1 Like

That’s kind a stupid UI, why the default option not called from the same place it is telling “not installed”? :smiley:

This fix works with Epic Games Launcher 13.1.3.0 (deployed by EpicInstaller 13.0.0.).
I wonder why it isn’t fixed yet.

1. Temporarily disable background applications. You can use the steps in this article to do this.

2. Make sure you have read/write access to the selected install path.

3. Navigate to your selected install location.

4. Right-click the installation folder and click Properties.

5. Click the Security tab.

6. Click on your username in the Group or user names box.

7. Verify that there is a check under Allow beside both Read and Write in the Permissions box.

I am SO happy you posted this response… I have been trying for a couple hours to figure this out.

Finally installing!

I tried to install UE 4.27.2 and it was downloading and then my PC’s internet turned off and it didn’t give me an option to turn it back on so I had to restart my PC, after that an error came when I opened Epic Games Launcher (Download Error) it didn’t give me an option to resume the download instead it told me "Directory must be empty. and I don’t know what that means, does it mean to delete all the files that was installed? Or something else.

Thank you, this worked wonders!

I just ran into this, you should relaunch the epic launcher and use “Run as Administrator”. Or change the install directory to a directory with security settings to allow adding files without admin. i.e. not the Programs Files folder

1 Like

For the + button greyed out problem, close the launcher and then try clicking the “open launcher” button at the download instructions site (Download Unreal Engine - Unreal Engine).