Cannot get past login

hey folks, i absolutely cannot get the launcher to login, whenever i try it just gets stuck on “redirecting” indefinitely, i haven’t run it in a few months but last time it worked fine, now this every single attempt. ive tried rebooting, ive tried using a different account, ive tried reinstalling, and nothing makes any progress, always stuck on “redirecting” and i cannot find literally anyone else with this same problem. i’m getting extremely frustrated as i just want to get to UE but cant because of this stupid launcher if anyone can help me out ill be hugely in your debt, because im going nuts here

same issue here, i removed my authenticator, changed pw, reinstalled multiple times. still stuck at “redirecting…”

Same here, yet my phone, web browser, etc can login to the account from the same WiFi connection. I’ve also manually allowed the app through my firewall, still nothing. Just an endless “redirecting” message.

Also have the same issue

I too have the same issue. Previously working launcher fails to do anything after entering my credentials and logging in, but I have some other details to mention.

1. Clicking the “Sign in Later” link - Nothing happens at all
  2. Clicking the “Sign up” link - Nothing happens at all
  3. Clicking “Privacy Policy” - Opens a tab in my browser to display the privacy policy
  4. Clicking “Forgot your password” link - Nothing happens at all
  5. Running as Administrator has no effect
  6. Adjusting DPI scaling settings as per other suggestions in other search results has no effect
  7. Deleting / renaming the AppData/Local/Epic Games Launcher folder has no effect
  8. Disabling / uninstalling my antivirus has no effect
  9. Manually allowing the Epic Games Launcher through the Windows firewall has no effect
  10. Clicking the individual login buttons for Facebook, Google, PSN, XBLive and Nintendo at the top, result in a browser tab opening for each online service, a message stating “You have successfully connected go back to the epic games launcher you may close this window” appears, even though I only have XBLive and Gmail, not a Nintendo, PSN or FB account.
  11. Fresh installation of Windows 10 on multiple different devices, followed by fresh installations of the Epic Games Launcher yields the same result.
  12. I can login to the websites just fine, I can even purchase games, which brings me back to point one, where I have tried to login to the launcher so I can download, install and play my new games, yet am greeted by an endless “redirecting” screen.
  13. Adding -http=wininet to the start menu shorcut command, as suggested in other search results has no effect - I have no idea what the intended result of this command line switch is, so after failure, the switch was removed
  14. Adding -OpenGL to the start menu shortcut command, as suggested in other search results, also has no effect. This switch may force an OpenGL render mode? nothing to do with HTTP, no positive result.

I can’t get past login. I don’t even get a “Redirecting” Message.
I’m on Windows 7 Ultimate X64.

After entering sign in details, i get a spinning circle, and that’s it.
My 2 Factor code arrives in email, but there’s nowhere to enter it.

Have tried signing in with Google (As my account is linked), But when it returns from broiwser to launcher, nothing happens.

All the other buttons such as “sign in later” do nothing.

Have even tried a full uninstall & Reinstall of the launcher. and Windows Updates.
Nothing has fixed it.

Here’s a video of the sign in bug:
https://youtu.be/po09OavL6jw

I found what may be causing my particular issue. I’m behind an ad-blocking DNS.

According to the Windows resource manager (launch task manager, goto performance tab, click on resource monitor, or, performance monitor), under the network usage tab, it shows the Epic Games Launcher is attempting to dial-home to Amazons cloud services.

For me, these primarily advertising servers, are blocked. EGLauncher is unable to contact the advertising hosts and failing to load any further.

Guess that’s the end of Epic Games for me, I’m not disabling adblock for anyone, for any reason.

Can confirm. Switching from AdGuard DNS ( 176.103.130.130, 176.103.130.131) to GoogleDNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) allowed me to sign in to the launcher.

Can also confirm that leaving AdGuard as my DNS then routing all requests from Epic Launcher through TOR VPN works too.

So, it seems that the launcher has an issue with AdGuard DNS.