Cannot get collision to work on unique channel

I have generate a new trace channel. Projectile trace. My goals was to have anew trace channel I could send projectile down that would then only collide with the specific actors I want it to collide with.

In this case I want to fire a projectile and have it stick to the mesh of the character (not the capsule component) so I have the capsule component set to ignore and the mesh set to this:

Now I have create a projectile with this as a collision.

My problem is the collision never connects, I have set up this a way of reacting the collision:

But it never registers the connection.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

I’m not sure I understand what you want to do with the trace channel, but you seem to want the projectile and the mesh to hit each other.

Your mesh is object type pawn, and your projectile is set to ignore pawn. Try setting the projectile to block pawn instead.

When two objects overlap, the engine checks both of their settings. The priority is ignore > overlap > block. So, if object A is set to block object B, but object B is set to ignore object A, then they will ignore each other. To get them to block, both must be set to block each other because it is the lowest priority collision setting.

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks