Having a problem trying to generate visual studio project files.
I used to have my project files in my documents folder on my D: Drive.
Now i want to move it to my E: Drive because my D: Drive is slow.
But after i moved the project files over and run the Generate Visual Studio Project Files context command this happens:
I move projects around across hard disks and don’t get this issue. The error seems to come from the version selector. What does it say? (Saved/Logs/UnrealVersionSelector-…)
Try removing these as well
Then choose switch UE4 version so it rewrites the uproject file and then rebuilds it. If it doesn’t fix the issue, then post the content of the version selector log file mentioned in the error message you posted above
ok, i think i got it working.
Apparently UnrealVersionSelector SUCKS when dealing with different unreal engine versions that are not in the same folder AS that program…
So what i did was create 4 bat files and copied UnrealVersionSelector INTO the root of an unreal engine install. i.e. E:\UnrealEngine\UE_4.20\UnrealVersionSelector
So with that in mind, the 4 bat files are just “UnrealVersionSelector.exe [option] %1”.
where [option] is:
/editor - run the editor
/projectfiles - generate project files
/game - run the game
/switchversion - switch editor version
Due not that UnrealVersionSelector NEEDS to be in the root of an engine install otherwise it complains about it not finding the Engine folder…
After doing a clean reinstall of my os, i still cant compile the github version of Unreal Engine 4.20…
Pastebin of build log: Unreal Engine source build log. - Pastebin.com
It complains about missing files but i can find them fine, so i have no clue what’s wrong…
Running E:/UnrealEngine/UE_4.20/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe Development Win64 -Project="D:/Users/alatn/Documents/Unreal Projects/OpenDiva/OpenDiva.uproject" -TargetType=Editor -Progress -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Performing full C++ include scan (building a new target)
Creating makefile for OpenDivaEditor (no existing makefile)
Using Visual Studio 2017 14.15.26726 toolchain (D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.15.26726) and Windows 10.0.17763.0 SDK (D:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for OpenDivaEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool "D:\Users\alatn\Documents\Unreal Projects\OpenDiva\OpenDiva.uproject" "D:\Users\alatn\Documents\Unreal Projects\OpenDiva\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OpenDivaEditor\Development\OpenDivaEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for OpenDivaEditor in 12.0104824 seconds
Building 8 actions with 8 processes...
@progress 'Compiling C++ source code...' 0%
@progress 'Compiling C++ source code...' 12%
@progress 'Compiling C++ source code...' 25%
c1xx: fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'D:\Users\alatn\Documents\Unreal Projects\OpenDiva\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OpenDivaEditor\Development\Engine\SharedPCH.Engine.cpp': No such file or directory
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Users\alatn\Documents\Unreal Projects\OpenDiva\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-OpenDiva.dll
(see ../Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt for full exception trace)
Total build time: 88.99 seconds (Parallel executor: 0.00 seconds)
Figured it out.
Turns out that if you use Windows Subsystem for Linux and any form of file usage through it (i.e. cp, rsync, git, etc) will cause this error.
It’s because apparently of case sensitivity between linux and windows.