Cannot fracture a destructible mesh

I was trying to replicate Content Examples > Destructible.umap > 1.1 Voronoi.

My RadialForceActor’s Destructible Damage is larger than the destructible mesh’s Damage Threshold. What else could prevent me from fracturing it?

Thanks!

====================================

It fractured after checking Enable Impact Damage, but Content Examples doesn’t have it checked.
With it being checked, the mesh fractures even if RadialForceActor’s Destructible Damage == 0 or without the radial force.

Hi PowerDesign,

Can you post a screenshot of your Destructible Mesh Editor window with the settings that are enabled.

That particular example shouldn’t be too hard to do, so you may need to check the level BP where the Radial Damage is being applied because it’ll trigger an event and then use a fire impulse to actually fracture the mesh. Without the Fire Impulse I believe it won’t do anything.

Let me know.

Tim

Thanks, Tim!

I figured out:

1. Fire Impulse cannot be directly after Event BeginPlay, there has to be some delay.
  2. RadialForceActor’s parameters have to be even larger, having Destructible Damage just a little bit larger than Damage Threshold (1.0) is not enough.

Ok. Good deal! Glad you’ve got it working now. :slight_smile:

In the event you need it I wrote up a Destructible Troubleshooting and Tips guide for the Wiki a while back that you can find here: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Great, thanks!