Cannot find brush settings under details ue4

Hi I can’t seem to find the “brush settings” under “details” in UE4. im sure I must have closed or changed something but I cannot find the option to bring the “brush setting” back. I’m a complete novice so I appreciate all the help thank you.

Hello Burlapin,

Thanks for the report. I am looking into your issue, but I may need a little more information to find a solution. There are a few places in the engine where “brushes” are used and each of them has settings. The most commonly used would be the landscape and/or foliage brushes. located here:

If this is what you are missing you can get it back by clicking on the window drop down from the top of the editor. and then clicking on the “modes” button which will open the modes window.

This menu can be used to open and close any of the windows that contain the various tools that are included in the engine. If they have a checkmark next to the item in the menu, it is open, if not the window is closed. If none of this works. at the bottom of that dropdown is a button that says “Reset Layout” this will give a warning that you must restart for settings to take effect. Make sure that you have everything saved, restart, and all of the editor windows will be returned to the positions that they started in. I hope that this solves your issue, and if not just let me know and I will be happy to investigate further for you.

Thanks,

Hello Burlapin,

I hope that the information that I provided helped to answer your question. Since I have not heard a response form you in eight days or so I am going to go ahead and close this thread out as answered. If you would like any additional help or have any more questions just post a comment and it will re-open the thread.

Thanks,

You probably placed an ‘actor’ instead of an actual BSP Brush.
That’s what I just did.