Cannot find brush settings in UE 4.7.6

I am watching one of the tutorials in the UE tutorial playlist and it is very helpful. I am mostly following along except for the fact that I cannot seem to find brush settings in my version of ue (4.7.6). Please help!

Hey ,

Here is some documentation for you regarding [Brush Settings][1]. Brush settings show up when you’re working with a BSP, they’ll be in the details panel under ‘brush settings’.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. Have a great day! :smiley:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/UI/LevelEditor/Modes/MeshPaintMode/VertexColor/BrushSettings/index.html

I’m still a little confused regarding a BSP

Hey ,

Could you please explain more regarding your confusion with BSPs? Have you downloaded Content Examples and looked through the various maps that we have available?

Thanks!

No I have not yet. I’m still a rookie regarding Unreal 4, I’m still trying to get the hang of things. But regarding BSPs, I just don’t really know what they are.
Thanks

Hey ,

I would highly suggest downloading Content Examples from the Learn tab within the Epic Games Launcher. I’d also look over more tutorials there, to see what all you can learn.

We also have a lot of documentation, here is the [documentation for BSP][1]. I’d also suggest looking through our tutorials on [][2]. We also have a page of [video tutorials][3] on our UnrealEngine.com website.

Good luck on your journey in learning UE4!

Geometry Brush Actors in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation
[2]: https://www.//UnrealDevelopmentKit
[3]: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Great News,
I was completely unaware of the BSP tab in the “Modes” section. I decided to click on it and it resolved my initial problem. Thank you for the list of things to look at to further my Unreal 4 understanding
Thanks again!

You’re very welcome , I hope you enjoy UE4!

I don’t have the bsp tab in Modes section for some reason. I’ve been struggling with ue4 bc I cant edit geometry, and I cant edit surface properties. There just isn’t an option.

Please post a new question to AnswerHub for additional assistance. Include screenshots too.

Thanks!