Cannot export the active 3D view - Revit 2020.2 / Datasmith plugin 4.24

Is there a way for us to get that custom version of datasmith too? we have the exact same problem.

Same problem here, wait for a fix.
Using 4.23 exporter on 4.24 project give me some strange behaviour on the material (the mesh from linked file come with the same and only material from default phase) never seen before.

Get in touch with us in private (pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com) and we will see what we can do.

i, I have the same issue about the export to twinmotion

Iā€™ve got the same problem, with any project. The fact is that I only got it on my workstation but not on my laptop. Both have the same Revit 2020.2, but not the same addins installed. The laptop has less addins and I can get the export done.

What do you think? Could be one of these installed?

Iā€™m having similar problems in Revit 2020.2, has there been a fix yet?
ā€œ3D view rendering is not supported in the running Revit.ā€

Any solution yet? I am having a problem with 4.25.1 Datasmith on Revit 2020.2

Hi, is there a solution yet? Iā€™ve tried everything I could to import my Revit 2021 file into UE4 with the latest Datasmith 4.25 and FBX file, but both methods incurr errors. I have about 1GB size of Revit file, I also did trial and error by removing some of the contents of my Revit file and export them again and again to look for the faulty part/s in my model including the removal of all furniture, stairs, systems, and other models, and even ungrouping all my grouped models; but still no chance of succeeding. I even tried to remove all the walls (because I have a very detailed and complicated shapes for my wallsā€”Islamic design), but the same error pops when exporting.

Is there any solution to this yet? Thank you.

Same issue here - Datasmith for Revit 4.25.3 and I get the error:

Cannot export the 3D view: Can not get face for the specified Wall object at Autodesk.Revit.DB.CustomExporter.Export(View view) at DatasmithRevitExporter.DatasmithRevitCommand.Execute(ExternalCommandData InCommandData, String& OutCommandMessage, ElementSet OutElements)

Same as every time I try and export a project recently. Yes the file has phasing, but this is an important part of the workflow in my office and canā€™t be deleted.

Hi! I get simliar error: (Same as like_a_bus)

*Cannot export the 3D view:

Can not get face for the specified Wall object

vid Autodesk.Revit.DB.CustomExporter.Export(View view)
vid DatasmithRevitExporter.DatasmithRevitCommand.Execute(ExternalCommandData InCommandData, String& OutCommandMessage, ElementSet OutElements)*

I tried;
Combining all phases
Hiding all objects and exporting with only one visible object

{I play the mighty card of Resurrection on this Thread}ā€¦
Hello all, first Iā€™m very tech savvy, but new to this so Iā€™m still learning the process. Iā€™m getting this same error (or similar) - but here it is March 12, 2021.
Iā€™m working in Revit 2021 - and using 4.26.1 of the DS Exporter.
My model is small, of a custom house I did a while ago. It was created in r2010, but it was upgraded w/o difficulty. Obviously lost all of my material definitions.
Every time i try to export the 3D view, I get the same message: And there is no data as to which element is causing this issue.

ā€œCannot export the 3D view: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Autodesk.Revit.DB.CustomExporter.Export(View view) at DatasmithRevitExporter.DatasmithExportRevitCommand.OnExecute(ExternalCommandData InCommandData, String& OutCommandMessage, ElementSet OutElements)ā€

Iā€™ve read all these posts, and figured by now, this had been fixed.
My model is 40mb. No phases used (other than the default New/Existing). There was a Design Option, but I removed that. There are ā€œIn-Placeā€ families, as well as other imported items/objects.
Thoughts?? Thanks in Advance.

1 Like

Hello KPaxx_10 !

Can you send us the file at antoine.guillo(at)epicgames.com ?

We have a potential fix exporter build but I want to be sure this takes care of your issue.

Cheers !

I am running into this same error on multiple Revit 2020.2 files. There is no clear indication as to which objects are causing it to fail.

Hi,

I have the same issue and i am using UnrealDatasmithRevitExporter_4_26_1 with Revit 2018. has this issue been fixed with Exporter 4.26 ?

Best,

Same here, using 2021.1.1 Revit, latest plugin

Had the exact same issue until i applied a section box that allowed me to section off parts of the model to transfer over via data smith, you have to find the family that causes the error to get everything to transfer seamlessly.

Hello! I had this work on a previous project, there were some errors but it finally worked. Now on a different model and different project, I am getting the same error as everyone (this error happened a few times in the other project) :

ā€œCannot export the 3D view: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Autodesk.Revit.DB.CustomExporter.Export(View view) at DatasmithRevitExporter.DatasmithExportRevitCommand.OnExecute(ExternalCommandData InCommandData, String& OutCommandMessage, ElementSet OutElements)ā€

anything I can do to fix this? Thank you so much!

Hi everyone !

Small reminder that every time we release a new version of the Engine (major or hotfix) a new version of the plugin is being uploaded to the Datasmith Plugins web page.

These updates usually have the most common fixes !

If even after trying the latest plugin version, the issue still occurs, please send us an email at antoine.guillo(at)epicgames.com so we can have a look at the file and fix the problem.

We are currently looking into a way to ship plugin updates more frequently, instead of having to wait for Unreal Engine updates.

Cheers !
Antoine

Buenas tardes. Tengo un error para syncronizar mi archivo de Rveit con datasmith 4.27. He provado con otros archivos y si funciona pero con uno en particular no y quisiera que me ayuden con eso, por favor.
Gracias de antemano.

Hello,
are you using the latest unreal exporter to Revit
What exactly is your issue? Crash, no import, partial import?
Would you be able to share the model with us? We could give you a link to upload the model .
Bests

Buenos dias,
EstĆ”s usando la Ćŗltima versiĆ³n del exporter?
QuĆ© tipo de problema observas? no importaciĆ³n o importaciĆ³n parcial?
Seria posible compartir el modelo con nosotros?