cannot download unreal engine?

I am unable to even download unreal engine as the + button is greyed out & clicking the install engine button does nothing…can somebody please help me with this. I have tried logging out & signing back in multiple times.

exact same issue here, been trying workarounds for an hour… nothing

Hello there!

I have checked the launcher on my end, and installed a build for UE 5.8 with no problems. It could be a local issue with your launcher’s install. Please test by re-installing the Epic Launcher, for starters.

if the issue persists after that, it’s possible that stale elements in the registry are causing a problem. At that point, I would suggest a full uninstall/reinstall:

  • Since you don’t have an engine version installed, just remove any asset packs if you have, and the Launcher itself
  • Now, open the registry directory HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Epic Games\Unreal Engine\Builds, and delete any build entries you see there
  • Then, delete the folders %userprofile%\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine and %userprofile%\AppData\Local\UnrealHeaderTool
  • After that, no elements related to Epic should be left in your system
  • Restart your system
  • Reinstall the launcher from scratch, and try installing the latest version of UE

I had the same issue - but saw a random Youtube comment that fixed it for me!
In the launcher go to your settings and hide your library and then unhide it - then it should no longer be greyed out.

i have the same problem but nothing is helping and at this point i think the devs dont care since the problem exists for a month or even longer and still no fix