Cannot deploy project to iPad, can deploy to iPhone

Not sure if this is how to get at it:

ls /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/ 2.10.1 Current

from the terminal you can run

mono --version

to get it. If that is less than 3.2.6, can you try installing 3.2.6. Technically that is what we bundle with and it should already try to utilize our bundled version if we detect less than that, but it won’t hurt for you to try the actual installed version and let me know if that fixes the problem.

-Pete

Thanks, mono, is not currently in my “path” so I have to go directly to where the executable is expected to be. I know that Unity installs mono as well, do both UE and Unity install mono in the same place (is it shared)? Or is there a specific path that I should check for the mono that UE4 uses?

We use our own bundled version and don’t actually install it. I don’t think that’s the issue anyway. Still trying to find a possible culprit.

04:53:19 /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework Commands/mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.1 (tarball Fri Feb 25 15:56:49 MST 2011)
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: normal
SIGSEGV: normal
Notification: Thread + polling
Architecture: x86
Disabled: none
Misc: debugger softdebug
LLVM: yes(2.9svn-mono)
GC: Included Boehm (with typed GC)

Ok, I may have tracked down the AFCFileRefOpen error 7 to being a bad conversion of a string. Specifically, the public staging directory name on the device. Your device wouldn’t happen to be setup for a language other than English would it? If so that might be the issue (and we would need to fix on our side).

-Pete

Is Canadian English different than English :wink:

No, but we have had bugs related to different languages and cultures before. After experimenting, error 7 (the one I am seeing in your log) is either a null path or a path that is not being encoded properly. Not sure yet which it is though.

-Pete

Thanks, I installed a new version from mono, but as you guessed, it had no effect.

Well, I’ve been unable to figure this out and I can’t seem to reproduce. So, I am going to add some more logging to the deployment server so we can hopefully get enough information to track down what is going. Unfortunately, that won’t show up until 4.7.3 which I don’t have a release date for.

-Pete

Howdy vbs,

I am going to be marking this issue as resolved for tracking purposes. When 4.7.3 releases, please feel free to reopen this issue so that we may be able to further investigate.

Thanks and have a great day!

So, in the course of helping another with this issue, I have found a fix that works. That fix will be in 4.7.3.

-Pete

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue with my iPad. I am able to reply to iPhone, but not to iPad.

I am using Version 4.7.6-2513093

on OSX Yosemite.

I am trying to launch a development build configuration

My Log:

mono: System.IO.IOException: AFCFileRefOpen (/PublicStaging/bbzet.ipa) failed with error 7

Howdy romfeo,

Thank you for reopening this issue. Would you be able to attach your full log to this post? Could you also provide the exact OS version your mac is on? Would this be a Binary or Source build of UE4?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!