Cannot compile - "delayimp.lib" not found

Hey guys!

The full error message is: LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘delayimp.lib’

I have no idea where this suddenly came from. Everything ran fine a few days ago.

I hope anyone knows a solution to this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi ,

Could you please provide some more information about this issue? Are you trying to build the Engine or a game project? What version of the Engine are you using? Are you using an Engine that you built from source code, or using binaries from the Launcher? Can you provide the full output that you are seeing?

sry.
I try to build my game project, I am using version 4.2, I use a self compiled version (from github)

The full output log:

1>------ Build started: Project: UltimateTutorials, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
    1>  Performing 1 actions (max 4 parallel jobs)
    1>  [1/1] link.exe UE4Editor-UltimateTutorials.dll
    1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'delayimp.lib'
    1>  -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
    1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: E:\GitHub\UE4---UltimateTutorialMap\UltimateTutorials\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-UltimateTutorials.dll
    1>  Cumulative action seconds (8 processors): 0,00 building projects, 0,00 compiling, 0,00 creating app bundles, 0,00 generating debug info, 0,34 linking, 0,00 other
    1>  UBT execution time: 12,14 seconds
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command ""E:\UnrealEngine4\Unreal Engine 4.2\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" UltimateTutorialsEditor Win64 Development "E:\GitHub\UE4---UltimateTutorialMap\UltimateTutorials\UltimateTutorials.uproject"" exited with code -1.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Ok, someone helped me fix it :slight_smile:

I selected my Project in VS2013 and clicked Project → Properties

There under Configuration Properties → VC++ Directorys I was missing Library Directories

I put $(LibraryPath) in there and now it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me at all. The master and 4.3 source both fail to compile

Hi KillerSneak,

Could you provide the output you are seeing when you try to compile, and are you trying to build the Engine or a game project?

Will do. I will copy the error’s and post them here.
I’m trying to compile the engine itself (Development Editor / Win64) and normally after that (Shipping / Android)… Ill be back in a few to post the errors

Hi KillerSneak,

I noticed that you had posted new questions for the issues you are experiencing. It will be better if we focus on resolving your issues in those posts.

I already posted the error’s:

4.3 source error’s
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/68132/fail-to-compile-latest-43.html

master source error’s
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/68109/fail-to-compile-latest-master-source.html

Yes sorry for that I didn’t think about posting the links. Added them below for reference.

4.10.2., Engine and Launcher installed on disc “D:”
the workaround related to adding Library path to project settings helps with compiling thorough VS 2015, but it still does not always work, when compiling from Unreal Editor (sometimes work, sometimes it fails, more often fails, due to “delayimp.lib”).
Gonna reinstall to disc C: as this is possible, not sure if 4.11-p4 got it completely fixed

Hi Saah88,

Were you able to get this working?

Amazing! This worked for me as well :smiley:

Hi, so I’m having a similar problem and can’t figure out how to resolve it, though this is for UE5.0…

Build started…
1>------ Build started: Project: Myproject, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
1>Using bundled DotNet SDK
1>Log file: C:\Users\iridi\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
1>Building MyprojectEditor…
1>Using Visual Studio 2022 14.33.31630 toolchain (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.33.31629) and Windows 10.0.19041.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
1>[Upgrade]
1>[Upgrade] Using backward-compatible build settings. The latest version of UE sets the following values by default, which may require code changes:
1>[Upgrade] bLegacyPublicIncludePaths = false => Omits subfolders from public include paths to reduce compiler command line length. (Previously: true).
1>[Upgrade] ShadowVariableWarningLevel = WarningLevel.Error => Treats shadowed variable warnings as errors. (Previously: WarningLevel.Warning).
1>[Upgrade] PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs => Set in build.cs files to enables IWYU-style PCH model. See Include What You Use (IWYU) for Unreal Engine Programming | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation. (Previously: PCHUsageMode.UseSharedPCHs).
1>[Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting ‘DefaultBuildSettings = BuildSettingsVersion.V2;’ in MyprojectEditor.Target.cs, and explicitly overriding settings that differ from the new defaults.
1>[Upgrade]
1>[Adaptive Build] Excluded from Myproject unity file: Myproject.cpp
1>Determining max actions to execute in parallel (8 physical cores, 16 logical cores)
1> Executing up to 8 processes, one per physical core
1> Requested 1.5 GB free memory per action, 4.12 GB available: limiting max parallel actions to 2
1>Building 2 actions with 2 processes…
1>[1/2] Link UnrealEditor-Myproject.dll
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘delayimp.lib’
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” MyprojectEditor Win64 Development -Project=“C:\Users\iridi\Documents\Unreal Projects\Myproject\Myproject.uproject” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code 6.
1>Done building project “Myproject.vcxproj” – FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========