Cannot build simple code project: MSB 3075 -rocket exited with code 5

Hello! I’ve been attempting to build a code project. This is my first real attempt at tinkering with UE4 via C++, previously I had been using blueprint, so I apologize if this is ‘common knowlege’.

I have run into this error while attempting to build a project for the third or so time. Doing some hunting around, I was able to find several questions asking about this error, including “Possible solution for Failed Packing on Source” (for which I did follow the steps, to no luck) and “Getting error MSB 3075 … -rocket”. However, I am definitely running VS as administrator and have administrator rights.

The exact error I am getting is:

Error	MSB3075	The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat" ScuffleGameEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\Jordan\Documents\Unreal Projects\ScuffleGame\ScuffleGame.uproject" -rocket -waitmutex -2015" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.	ScuffleGame	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	42	

Any help is very much appreciated! Please let me know if there are any other details I can provide. The project is very simple and small, but I’d love to get it building again.

Try compiling without the editor open. I got the same problem with my project until I closed the editor and waited a minute for it to realise that the editor had closed and it seemed to work fine.