Cannot build an Installer Package of custom UE5.4.3 build with Metahuman Plugin

Hi there Unreal community!

Maybe someone can help me out with a problem I’m running into trying to create a Custom Engine Packaged Build.

There’s a lot of variables with my situation. I’m building several Marketplace plugins and am forked off of the AngelScript version of the Engline. However! I had all of that working and building until I tried to add the Metahuman plugin. DUN DUN DUUUUUN!

Now, when I try to build the engine into a packaged build with the Metahuman plugin in Marketplace/Metahuman, I’m getting this error:

BUILD FAILED: AddBuildProductsFromManifest: C:\Dev\AngelUE5\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\MetaHuman\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-AutoRigService.dll was in manifest "C:\Dev\AngelUE5\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Manifest-1-UnrealEditor-Win64-DebugGame.xml" but could not be found.

The DLL goes missing when I try to run a packaged build. Oddly, it doesn’t happen when I build via Visual Studio, but when I run this command to do the packaged build version, it nukes the .dll and by the time it wants to package it, it can’t find it. I really have no idea why this would be.

The command I’m using to run the packaging process is this:

.\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\RunUAT.bat BuildGraph -script="Engine/Build/InstalledEngineBuild.xml" -target="Make Installed Build Win64" -nosign -set:GameConfigurations=Development -set:WithWin64=true -set:WithAndroid=false -set:WithDDC=false -set:WithLinux=false -set:WithLinuxArm64=false -set:WithIOS=false -set:WithTVOS=false -set:WithMac=false -clean

I am also nuking the .sln, the build/intermediate folder, the marketplace plugins folder and copying them back over from a clean non-custom engine install, and regenerating the project files before running this command. I have also checked to make sure all the plugins are up to date in the Epic Launcher.

Someone who understands this better, please help! I think I’ve narrowed it down as much as I can, and I’m at a loss of what to try next! Any troubleshooting steps or suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks <3

To add some more detail. It looks like when -clean is run as part of the packaged build script, it is cleaning up some parts of the Plugins folder, and for whatever reason it’s nuking UnrealEditor-AutoRigService.dll which then later ends up not being included in the packaged build.

I could still use pointers on how to resolve this. Unclear why MetaHuman is the only plugin experiencing these issues, and not the other plugins.