Cannot Apply Radial Damage on Target

I’m implementing an character could fire with Grenade Launcher. My weapon fires grenade and it explodes after 1 second.

Problem

I’m suspicious about my ApplyRadialDamage is not applying any damage to target. I have draw a debug line.

Yellow is the impact radius.

Red is the hit points of launcher

Even on a quick glance, target is being hit.

What I did?

Explosion particle effect, yellow debug sphere and ApplyRadialDamage is in the same function. So I’m sure that also that event triggered. Also the ApplyRadialDamage stands between them.

Here is the code :

UGameplayStatics::SpawnEmitterAtLocation(GetWorld(), ExplosionParticle, GetActorLocation(), FRotator::ZeroRotator);
        UGameplayStatics::ApplyRadialDamage(GetWorld(), 100.f, GetActorLocation(), 200.f, DamageType, IgnoredActors, this, GetInstigatorController(), true, ECC_MAX);
        DrawDebugSphere(GetWorld(), GetActorLocation(), 200.f, 12, FColor::Yellow, false, 10.0f);
        Destroy();

On the other side my target is an Actor and for quick implementation it has Events that if it receives damage.

If I ApplyPointDamage to target dummy, its working. No problem here.

Expected

I would like to see TargetDummy getting damage from the ApplyRadialDamage node.

Hello! Can you test it with very big magnitude?

yes tried, I already marked with full force at radial damage so, even its in the border point of radial it should apply damage.

Hey, this is a silly question but is the ApplyRadialDamage line being triggered? Could you try this only in blueprint and see if the issue is happening there?

Maybe this has something to do with it not firing on the actor?

[Docs][2]

No its not triggered. I had debug on blueprint, no flashy lines :frowning:

Check this post, it looks like they had the same issue as you and they solved it by increasing the z coordinate a bit

link text