Can you use a different instance of control rig in an AnimBP child class?

I have my main character hooked up through AnimBP and control rig, and I have many characters with the same skeleton structure.

I am wanting to hook up a different instance of a control rig inside an AnimBP child class, as I need to make slight modifications to various characters inside control rig, but am unsure if something like this is currently possible!

I had a similar question in my topic (Changing IK Rig and selected Bones in Child Animation Blueprints) - the answer is no, you can’t. But, you can change the value of variables (in original AnimBP or in its childerns) and send them as an argument in the graph for the control rig. Bone setting included!

Okay, I ran into a problem with this approach. I decided to try it myself - in Control Rig I created an array variable, for each element from which an action is performed, in the animation BP - a variable with the same type.
So the problem: sending the values ​​of the variable from the AnimBP to the CR does nothing. The value of the array in it remains as by default (empty or with some values). I first used arrays of Rig Element Key, but even when I changed it to just Name - nothing.

There were no such problems with ordinary single variables. Can anyone suggest what’s wrong?

Hey so animations made for 1 rig cant be applied to another?