Can you sell trees you make with SpeedTree on the UE4 market place?

As the topic says, Im wondering if you can sell trees you make with SpeedTree on the UE4 market place?

Well, for sure it can’t be trees from the content of speedtree. I suppose you can sell information which can later be used in speedtree to create trees, but you can’t make trees and sell them as models. But you should e-mail speedtree question.

Oh. SpeedTree packs on the market place would be a great idea. Foliage made by the community and not just modell-assets :slight_smile:

Just e-mail speedtree.

Sorry for the late answer, I just sendt them a mail :slight_smile:

Still no reply from the SpeedTree team. I hope the seperate agreement dont cost too much.

I just read the EULA and it says

“B. No Sale. You acknowledge and agree that copy of the Licensed Model Library
Components has been licensed to You pursuant to the terms and conditions of EULA and that such
copy of the Licensed Model Library Components has not been sold to You. In addition, You acknowledge
that copy of the Licensed Model Library Components is not subject to the “first sale” doctrine as that
term is defined in United States Copyright laws.”

I dont have the trees from the library. And it dosent say anything about selling your own-created trees to the UE4 markedplace.

I presume that the trees are not created by algorithms only and thus a tree is a composition of parts of said library…and algorithms.

Hey , there was a post on AnswerHub about . Kevin from SpeedTree responded with another email address to use if you aren’t able to get through, here is what he said:

Hope that helps!

Thanks! :slight_smile: