Can you make new wavs using the sounds from Paragon files ?

I would like to know if I can edit the wavs from the Paragon files to create new sounds, regarding the copyright. Is this ok based on the terms of use ? Thankyou!

Hey there @BestWarrior! From my understanding the Paragon assets are no different than other Epic asset provided via the license, in that yes you can use them commercially, edit them, mix and match, etc. with the caveat being you cannot sell the assets themselves (even your edited versions), and you must use them inside of an Unreal Engine product. I’d recommend giving the full Content EULA a read, because there is more to it than I can explain in a post here. Games like Predecessor completely reuse and adjust the Paragon assets in various ways already.

You can read more on the content license below!

1. What Content Is Being Licensed to You
Licensed Content includes any content that is made available to you by a Content Licensor under the terms of this Agreement. This includes, for example, content made available to you by Epic through the Unreal Engine Marketplace, Learn tab of the Epic Games Launcher, and the Quixel Megascans library.
a. UE-Only Content
“UE-Only Content” means Licensed Content that is designated as only permitted for use in conjunction with Unreal Engine and Unreal Engine-based products as designated by Epic, such as Twinmotion.

Thankyou very much!