Can you import bezier curves from blender into ue4?

so I’m making my skeletal mesh in blender and I want to make the hair using this method that uses bezier curves

you can see what I want to do here: How to Model Cartoon-Style Hair in Blender - Bezier Curves Tutorial - YouTube

But I’m not sure if the unreal engine will understand them properly when I import them. does any one know if this will work?

Hello

I wouldn’t recommend that method. But if you want to you can convert the Curves to a mesh by selecting it and push ALT+C the select MESH FROM CURVE. But your poly and vert counts may go through the roof if your curves are too complex and is not optimal at all. You could always build a low poly afterwards and just bake a normalmap to get the same detail. If you are particularly going for that look.

I recommend watching the video below. The guy uses Maya but the method for creating the hair should be the same. Use polygons and a texture with a alpha layer and just stack them over one another.

thanks, I think I’ll go for the “mesh from curve” method and just edit it if the vertex count goes to high.
no offense, but I don’t think the method you suggested is gonna give exactly what i want

thanks for the link

The link is a 404 now. The page has been moved.
New Link here: