Can you hide outliner folders by default?

Is there a way to keep all of my outliner folders collapsed? Every time I open UE4 my folders in the outliner are open. It’s just messy to have them open. I want them always collapsed unless I double click to expand the list.

Also, if I click on any item in the content browser, it immediately expands the outliner folder in which it is located.

This is something that many of us have strongly requested ever since about 2014. Suffice it to say that I doubt Epic cares to ever implement this rather simple but essential feature. Maybe someone with coding skills could submit this feature to them, but such a hero hasn’t stepped forward in 6, almost 7 years now. I’d prefer it to work like “Right click > Keep folder locked”. It’d get a lock icon and wouldn’t ever expand unless manually ordered to. Or if that’s too complex, just have no-expand be the default behaviour with no toggle would be better than how it is now.

I just started using Unreal and as a designer with 20 years of experience with other proprietary editors, it’s an unforgiveable shame that there’s not better world outliner management.

None of these features require any significant technology.

An engineer could take a week, implement 2 or 3 neat features for Outliner management and thousands of developers would have significant time and mental savings from having to hunt through the Outliner.

I don’t even have complicated scenes (greyblocking, maybe 200-300 items) and it’s a royal PITA.

Please, Epic, respect the development process and help us out with some QOL.