Can you export a Save Game to use in a packaged build?

Not sure if SaveGame is gonna be compatible across both versions due to differences in the serialization process with and without EDITORONLY_DATA. However I would still recommend to try it for yourself with a simple test case. If they happen to be compatible, then it’s just a matter of including the savegame file in the shipping build which shouldn’t be too difficult.

There might be a simpler way though. Is there a specific reason you want a savegame ?
I understand you want to record data during PIE, and then save & ship that data.
So I assume you made a savegame object with a bunch of variables/structs, you fill it in PIE, then call SaveGameToSlot.
Replace your savegame object with an Actor class. Place the actor in the level. Record your PIE data into the actor. Once you are done, pause the simulation, select the live actor, and run the “apply instance changes to blueprint” function. This should transfer all the recorded data into the blueprint defaults :

Then in your shipped game you can just load that actor CDO or spawn it to access the data.

1 Like