Can we go back to the old forums?

Can we go back to the old forums??? I have no idea how to use these for hte most part… Doesn’t seem like we can create our own tags. Most the time i cant even ask a question because it asks me to enter a version… but i can never find the version or the tag for hte version… it simply doesnt work and is a broken mess. Does epic test this? Whoever made this should be fired… seriously. This person is terrible at his or her job. I come here for help with the engine… i shouldn’t need to try to get help using a website… Its rediculous.

1 Like

First off… That’s a lot of negativity and most of it uncalled for. There’s a lot of hard work that goes into creating a whole new platform from scratch and it’s very much a work in progress with functionality added daily. Saying people should be fired because functionality X or Y that you judge more important than others, seems a bit too much.

I think all criticism when done properly is a welcome one, I know you are frustrated but the way you’re approaching the criticism is not beneficial for any party. Just give feedback on what you think should be improved without going on this crazy rants about bbq and firing people… what exactly that adds to your request anyway?

A forum, before anything else, is a community and a community is built when people interact with it. Unfortunately the Unreal Database is scattered in discord channels, Facebook groups, etc.
I for one returned to the forum because I liked the new hub. I imagine more people will be doing the same as more content is shared on the learning tab.
So if community is something important for you, a good idea will be to invite more people over so we can foster a more positive and active community.

Would be awesome for the forums to be more active than discord, but that also takes time…
I hope that you get to see the positive side of what people are working on and maybe collaborate to improve the forum too.

1 Like

its a problem when the new platform created from scratch is worse then the old one… In fact its nearly unuseable in some cases… no instrucitons… just sorry … enter a version which we will not let u enter… Sorry… posting to a forum shouldnt be akin to hacking a computer.

My point is development on a game is frustrating enough to not have to deal with an unuseable forum… A place that used to offer answers to questions that now often cannot be used to ask questions with its current functionality…

The old forums were extremely active and functional… The old Answers hub for unreal was “epic”… as in good. Dont fix whats not broken is what i say… and they went and broke it. Basically whoever called the shots on this one should probably be demoted or replaced. Sorry…

2 Likes

Would be beneficial to maybe, if you got time for that, make a list of functionalities that you think are broken or missing. Maybe order from most important ones to less important and that way when the team responsible for the forums see it, they know what to prioritize.

The old forum also took a while to be on the top shape… Stuff needs to be updated over time to account for new features and security.

I get your frustration, but we can make something positive out of it, just listing the stuff that needs immediate attention.

What do you think should be the top priority?

I think there’s a clear difference about the way you’re approaching it than the person who you linked here… just saying.

2 Likes

im not worried about their interaction. I’m worried about the functionality. Its trash.

im not going to say someone should be fired for them not talking to us. Thats not their job. I’m saying the person who broke the forums website… did a poor job.

It is good the way it is now

2 Likes