Can we get an update on this contest? Its been months and no one from Epic is responding to anyone. https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/unreal-challenge-animation/1175886

Hi,
Basically I was just reaching out to hopefully get a valid response from someone. The Animation Challenge: Furious Elegance contest was held in June/July of last year Unreal Challenge: Animation - General / Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com) and they posted the winners on this site ‘Unreal Challenge: Furious Elegance’—winners announced - Unreal Engine without notifying anyone by email or through the forum. After this months went by and no one reached out to the winners to inform them of when prizes might be distributed or what is going on with the contest. More months went by and multiple people at this point were confused if the contest got cancelled and prizes would no longer be distributed. There were several efforts to contact Epic admins in an attempt to get any clarification whatsoever. I even submitted a few support tickets only to finally be told ,“To clarify further here, the forums would be the best way of getting the message across. At the same time, Epic Games Player Support is not directly managing Unreal Engine”. So here I am making a post in the forums in an attempt to get to the bottom of this and try to get some sort of response for the handful of people who have been waiting months to hear anything.
-WINDOW

Others mentioned:

Parakyl

3d

I too would very much love a response. I’ve tried contacting admins on the unreal source discord, ignored, I’ve posted in their announcement post in challenges, nada. I’ve dm’ed staff on this forum, no response. You’ve definitely got further than me with the support ticket route but it’s still very much a mystery.

NEED_A_JACKET

1d

I’m using the term scam to exaggerate it a little but they’re way way way past the date they said they’d pay out, so they got a bunch of free work on the promise/expectation of payout, with specific dates specified like a contract (although not a contract), and still haven’t paid. They owe the money & prizes, and won’t be paying interest on any delays or anything. They’re specifically avoiding replying to anyone asking about when they will be paid. So until they at least communicate I’m considering us scammed out of work.

There’s a lack of management where things can get delayed, but actively avoiding answering us about it is something more than that.