Can UEFN users buy and use assets from the Unreal Engine Marketplace?

I was wondering if UEFN users are able to buy and use assets from the Unreal Engine Marketplace?

Is the process of adding assets similar to that of Unreal Engine 5?

Couple things to consider.

1. UEFN does not currently support all asset types that UE5 so you would need to ensure that isn’t a problem otherwise you could purchase something that you can’t use.
  2. The market place has multiple licenses so you need to verify the license the author has chosen supports that usage.

Over time we’ll continue to grow what is available in FAB those assets will work in UEFN.

2 Likes

Hi There! I hope you’re doing well. Can you please clarify on the separate licenses being discussed pertaining to the Unreal Marketplace? I’m trying to find more documentation regarding this, but all I can locate is the EULA for the broader UE Marketplace.

Just to clarify, I’m referring to this Marketplace solely, not Sketchfab or ArtStation.

Thank you for your time. :smiley:

Since we have a number of different sources like sketchfab and others as well as UE Market place I hedged my bets. :slight_smile:

See
https://marketplacehelp.epicgames.com/s/?language=en_US
For answers about usage of purchased content.

For use within your projects you should be good to go ASSUMING the content types are supported in UEFN already. If not then you should avoid that content until we add said support which is generally our goal, but timelines are unknown for many types.

2 Likes