Can someone explain to me why the two models are not fully matched?

I’m trying to combine these two models using Physics Thrusters, and for some reason they don’t match completely, although their 3D shape should. Can someone help me fix it, please? I am relatively new to the engine so I don’t have much experience.

Since the video is not light enough to be uploaded here, here’s a reddit link where I have also asked. There you can see the video:

Hi! Are you using complex collision for this models? (ref Simple versus Complex Collision | Unreal Engine Documentation)

Here’s the thing. For whatever reason, when I select the complex collision on the model and then press Play, the models just remain floating in the air.

So, they dont fall? Do you change only collision usage for asset? Or smth else?

Nope, everything’s set as default. The only thing I did when the model was added was enable physics and select the movable option. Now, when I press Play, I get a warning saying “Trying to simulate physics on ‘’…’’ but it has ComplexAsSimple collision” :frowning:

Oh, that is because Unreal Physics can’t work with Complex collision. Ok, then one thing you can do - go back to simple collision and create that simple collision from several primitives (however, it can be a little bit tricky). Another way - to separate tooths from body and build Actor with several mesh components.

That’s unfortunate! Well, since they are simple figures I’ll make them by hand again. Thank you very much for your help, you’re very kind! ^^ <3 <3

So in case I wanted to import a custom model in future projects, is there a way to enable both options and make it work aswell? or is it impossible in this engine

It is, of course, possible, but as I said in prev comment - with nontrivial models it requires some go-arounds… It is just collision calc optimization VS collision flexibility. And Unreal give more to optimization.