Can only grab character when hand is within its capsule component, not the skeletal mesh itself

I can grab a character that is simulating physics using the provided Pickup Actor Interface only when the VR hand is within the character’s capsule component. Grabbing within the capsule somehow grabs a random bone on the mesh and attaches it to a physics handle that is in my BP_MotionController. It might be grabbing the nearest bone relative to the capsule. Placing the hand on the skeletal mesh itself (which is child to the capsule component) and attempting to grab the closest bone does not do anything (no scripting is fired). I am using the third person character from the third person template for the mesh I am trying to grab and haven’t changed any of the settings.

Here you can see the capsule and the character simulating physics that I’m trying to grab and pickup.

I am basing my grab scripting pretty much exactly off of the solution found in this forum post:

The grabbing itself works, it’s just the mesh itself not responding to the grabbing.

My Grab Character function (based off of Grab Actor in VR template) which feeds into the pickup interface

Here’s a picture of my pickup interface’s pickup event in the third person character BP.

Third Person Character component hierarchy

Any help would be appreciated!

I have it working now - it turns out that another interface I implemented similar to Pickup Actor Interface was interfering with the entire process. This is unlikely to happen in any other project.

I have it working now - it turns out that another interface I implemented similar to Pickup Actor Interface was interfering with the entire process. This is unlikely to happen in any other project.

Glad you worked it out, i try the same today is this the whole logic for grabbing a character?