Can my PC run Unreal Engine 4?

I think you would be able to run it, my computer isn’t as powerful as yours and it works fine. On this register/buy page it has system requirements at the bottom right of the screen: Unreal Engine herunterladen - Unreal Engine
Anyway hope this helped,
Adam.

It should be fine. The GPU is the main concern while level editing in the viewport, play testing, etc. so you’ll be able to see everything at Epic settings but you won’t have a decent frame rate if you go for 1080p screen resolution.

2gb VRAM on the video card,
8gb 1866 RAM,
8 CAS latency,
3.8ghz quad-core processor,
10/100/1000 dual-band PCI wireless,
550w power supply,
AMD Radeon 7770 HD

Will I be able to use Unreal Engine 4 and run it just about at max setting if there is one?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section…

Yeah I saw the specs but I’m new to PC gaming in general so I really don’t know whats better or worse at the moment at least… So do you think I could use it to its max without a problem? Thanks for replying though. :slight_smile:

That will run it fine.

But, you talked about maxing it out. The answer to maxed is no. You’d want an 8-core or above cpu over 4ghz, 32gig ram, large SSD, and a top end video card to get the most of it. But, that’s for professional development.

I recently got a PC aswell (I use to use unity on a mac). I am pretty sure It will work, (I have lower specs and it works great).

Your pc will run it fine, I had the same gpu untill a week ago. (cant run it on epic, but high-ish still)
is overdoing it, a 3ghz, 8-16gb ram 120gb ssd and top end gpu will run it maximum.
you dont really need an ssd, but it will speed up the process a lot.

YES. Easily. You can configure settings in the world options tab at the top of your editor. Good luck!

Can you link me to a top end gpu?

You could easily run UE4 smoothly on my specs
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual channel
CPU: Core i5 4460@ 3.4GHz Turbo
HDD: Seagate Firecuda 2TB SATA SSHD
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050ti
On larger projects like open world games, I’d recommend to reduce your screen resolution while using UE4.

wow, nice necrobump.
that was a post from 2014. please refrain from necro-ing old threads. thanks :slight_smile: