Can my Mac run Unreal Engine 4?

Specifications:

Version: OS X El Capitan, 10.11.16
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M380 20148 MB

Thanks.

Donwload it and see! It’s free man.

It should run fine, though a friend of mine had a and it seemed like Unreal was not that optimal for Macs.

It should run pretty good, I was able to run it on an old macbook with lower specs than that with ok quality

This almost the same specs of my 27’’ iMac apart from the GPU mine is weaker Nvidia GT 775m 1GB. Runs super smooth for me.

Yeah I have the faster 17 and 24GB of RAM but an older GPU works really well for me. Things have improved so much since 4.11 onwards.

Also running with macOS Sierra, working really well.

Oh by the way any of you guys have problem with Xcode ? It eats away my entire memory for no reason and of course makes the system crawl. First time I have problems with Xcode and started when I upgraded to El Capitan from Yosemite

There is a known issue with Xcode 8 that does this - once it finishes indexing the code it’ll go back to normal. Or for a temporary workaround you can delete the Index target from the UE4 project and reopen it, you’ll lose CodeSense but Xcode won’t consume all the RAM.

Hmm interesting thank you very much I will leave it all night then to do its thing, glad it’s not a bug, Xcode is really convenient with Unreal