Can multiple Casts to Game Instance cause any problems?

Oh, I can promote cast to Game Instance to variable D: Thanks for answer, every day I learn something new :slight_smile:

Hello, I have cast to Game Instance (for global variables) at Begin Play which used not only in Begin Play event, and more Casts to Game Instances at some events which are too far from Begin Play event (using double-click on connection line here saves less time). I don’t see any problems, but after first use Cast works until the level is over, no matter how many more casts on same Game Instance maded?

Maybe this question sounds silly, but I didn’t saw that someone use more then one Cast, no matter how big level is.

It’s fine to cast multiple times, but casting 100s of times in a loop every frame is slow and unnecessary.

Cast → Point the result to a variable, this way you do not need to cast again or drag wires - use that variable instead from now on.

You can even convert it to a Validated Get (right click) but it’s pretty useless for Game Instance.

If you know you’re going to access it multiple times (in a loop later on) it’s worth the fuss!