Can I use the Audi A5 free sample car in my game?

That’s the question; can I use the Audi sample included in the Car Configurator project?, as the description just says " UE-Only Content - Licensed for Use Only with Unreal Engine-based Products", but nothing else.

However, even if it’s an Epic’s sample project, licensed to use in Unreal project, there are third party logos involved, so… what to think? What if I didn’t know there are logos of real brands over there?

Thank you!

1 Like

From Epic side you are ok as your project will be UE based product as they request.

From Audi side, if it is important for your game to be a specific Audi car then you should contact the brand for licensing or request permisions for usage because you will expose a registered brand.

If you dont care about Audi but like the 3d model you can try removing the Audio logos and make some minor tweaks to the mesh to make it a bit different and you will be fine.

Thank toy @eldany.uy !

Would you think a simple auto remesh (with poly reduction) of the mesh would be enough?

Just to ask as the devil’s lawyer: if I would still need the Audi approval to use it (even with the logos), wouldn’t I be able to say that this content is not “Licensed for Use Only with Unreal Engine-based Products” as it is, right? As you still need an additional license, so not being already licensed to use as it is :innocent:

But for sure, I will remove the logos, as su suggested, to avoid additional problems anyway.

Thanks!

2 Likes