Can I use NuGet packages?

I was wondering if I could use NuGet packages in my UE games?

If so, could I just install the package from the NuGet package manager in Visual Studio, and then use it in my game?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Could someone please answer this. It would be very helpful. Thanks

Would love to hear an answer to this. Using nuget to add 3rd party libraries to unreal projects would be very handy.

No, you cannot use NuGet packages directly in Unreal Engine projects. Unreal Engine uses a different build system and C++ codebase.

However, you can still use third-party libraries in Unreal Engine projects by manually including the library files and headers in your project’s source code. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Download the third-party library and extract it to a directory on your computer.
  2. Create a new directory in your Unreal Engine project’s Source directory to store the library files and headers.
  3. Copy the library files (usually with .lib, .a, or .so extensions) into the new directory you just created.
  4. Copy the library’s header files (usually in a separate include directory) into the same directory or a subdirectory.
  5. Add the library files to your Unreal Engine project’s build system. For example, if you’re using Visual Studio, you’ll need to add the library files to the project’s linker settings.

Once you’ve done these steps, you can include the third-party library’s headers in your C++ code and use its functionality as needed. Keep in mind that some third-party libraries may require additional configuration or setup steps beyond what’s described here, so be sure to consult the library’s documentation for more information.

1 Like