Can I use a Satelite Photo as a ground photo ?

Hi

I want to create my city as a map.
Have tested out so many Tutorials, but all of them is either not working, or not possible to understand.
I would love to add a Height map, but there is just to many steps to follow that I never succseed :frowning:

So my last option before I give up, can I screen shot my google.maps from my city, and use that as a layer in UE4 (as a ground) , and then draw my own roads on top of that, so I got the 1:1 scale correct. ??

Have been working on this for so many years, have been waiting for a plugin inside UE4 that would make it possible to GRAB Height data from google earth, but seems like this never will happen.
I can`t undertand why, as it would make creating maps so much more easy.

Thanx for all help

You can try but it won’t look good. If you want to use real-world terrain heightmaps there’s stuff available for that outside of google. I know I’ve seen before a place where you can put in some longitude and latitude coordinates and it’ll bring up terrain height from that. But it’s not particularly high resolution.

https://terrain.party can create height textures, with rough margins (elevation), which can be smoothed via the terrain tool.