Can I setup multiple collision boxes in a blueprint?

Hello,

I’m currently working on a prototype, where a player is able to control pawns falling from the sky. Similar controls as in Tetris or Tricky Towers. I’ve setup a first pawn with a box and a box collision which works exactly how I intend it to work. I can mov and rotate it. It collides as soon as the environment or characters hit the box collider.

However I have now setup a new pawn of a sofa. This one doesn’t work with only one box collision. That’s why I’ve setup 3 box collisions in the blueprint. The collisions on are only triggered for the collision box (Box1) which is set as root.

Is there a way to combine the three collision boxes? This way I could have an “L” shaped box collider.

Oh man thank you so much!!! You don’t know how much you helped me. I’ve been trying to solve this problem for a week… I’ve always used the ‘OnHit’ Event…

I don’t know why I haven’t used overlap from the beginning.

I have this kind of thing, it should work fine. Do you use OnBeginOverlap?

As you can see I have plenty of collision boxes. I can register each of them individually with ‘on component begin overlap’ and all at once with ‘begin overlap’.

Maybe it’s you collision settings? ( I have doubts even as I type that ). Mine are set to overlap all.

1 Like