Can I Sell This?

Hi all,

I have some scenes that I was thinking of selling on the Marketplace.
My issue is that the scenes contain assets/textures from Megascans, so would selling these scenes even be allowed? I’ve tried to research but what I’ve found is a little too vague…

Would it be viable if the scenes were for ‘educational’ purposes only?

Thanks for any help in advance!

@MayAnneNaze In order to sell products created using Quixel you would need to have direct permission from Quixel and use the correct license. Otherwise, we do not allow any products that use Quixel textures to sell on our Marketplace because the end-user can export the textures and use them however they wish.

There is a prominent seller who was going to sell a product with quixel assets that they obtained permission for, and then it got yanked last minute. So I personally wouldn’t even go on permission unless you want to waste time. Quixel won’t allow you to sell an asset with their megascan resources unless the person being sold to has an active subscription from what I was told. And even that may have changed at this point.

Figured this may be the case. Thanks for the responses!

Hi,
now the megascan library is free for Unreal Engine users, is it now possible to sell assets and environments using textures from Quixel Megascans?
For example, I working on one scene and planing to sell it on Unreal Marketplace, but i want to use some mats on it (some asphalt, concrete etc). Is it possible from now?

No it’s not and why would it ever be? Why would it be allowed to use someone else’s work to increase the value of your own asset? People are paying for creative work the creator has done himself, not for his ability to scrap up free assets and put them together.

Also, if it’s free, you can provide a note, that “compatible assets can be found at…”. There is no valid reason, why you would have to include someone else’s work in your own’s. Try thinking around these lines… :slight_smile:

No, It’s not allowed. This would be basically re-selling Assets without direct permissions from the original creators, just to “improve” your own asset.

HELLO im a indie creator and it is super hard getting textures by myself would I be able to use my own material and megascan materials for my game then sell my game with the unreal engine unlimited access of course plan? Please help I have been searching for hours

Yes, you can use anything from the marketplace in your own game. The original question here was whether you could resell that asset here on the developer marketplace as part of your own asset pack, and that is not allowed.