Can I save photos and export out of RealityScan app

I had to find a process on my iPhone to download the RealityScan images to my Windows computer. This is the process that worked for me; however, a more efficient method may exist.

1. Open Files app on iPhone
  2. Set Locations to “On My iPhone”
  3. Open RealityScan folder
  4. Open Captures folder
  5. Open Project folder for your project (folder names contain date of the project)
  6. Select the three dots at top-right of iPhone screen to sort the files
  7. Sort by “Kind” (this should group all the image files together to make it easier to select and download)
  8. Scroll to locate the image files (filetype HEIF). An icon of the image is displayed next to the filename.
  9. Select the three dots at the top-right of iphone screen then the “Select :heavy_check_mark:” option
  10. Select the image files that will be downloaded. A blue checkmark will be displayed.
  11. Select Upload at the bottom-right of iPhone screen

Option 1 - Save images to Drobox

After selecting the Upload option…

• Select the Save to Dropbox option (If the Save to Dropbox option does not appear, select “Edit Actions…” near the bottom of the same screen and turn on the Dropbox option.)
  • Select location to save in Dropbox and Save files. A progress screen will appear showing progress of uploads to Dropbox)

Option 2 - Save Images to your Photos and save to computer

After selecting the Upload option…

• Select the “Save [#] Images” to save the selected images to your iPhone photo library
  • Connect iPhone to computer to begin process of transferring image files from iPhone
  • Select “Allow” on your phone, if prompted to “Allow this device to access photos and videos.” You may need to login to your phone to receive message.
  • The images files will be accessible in Windows Explorer under Apple iPhone \ Internal Storage \ DCIM
  • Locate the folder containing the image files and use Windows Explorer to copy files to PC

The Dropbox option is the easiest for me. I would love to hear a more efficient way until they hopefully provide this option in the app.

1 Like