Can I save photos and export out of RealityScan app

After using the app, there seems to be no way to save/export the photos that were taken as part of the scan. If I later decide to process the photos seperately in RealityCapture I can not do this currently.

Thank you.

Yess this please!

1 Like

One better option, if connected to a computer with RealityCapture installed would be an “Export to RealityCapture” button.

1 Like

This option is already possible, but not directly from the app. If your images were uploaded, then you will be able to see them as a ‘‘project’’ in the list of projects, and images will be stored in your phone, but not in the image library. You will have to find them in the phone storage.

This is kind of available. There is a Real Time Assistent in RealityCapture that connects to the phone. This enables to take images with a phone and they are linked to the RealityCapture on the PC. But for this to work. both devices should be on the same network.

But does RealityCapture have access to those photos taken with RealityScan? or are they locked into the RealityScan app only.

1 Like

Photos taken with RealityScan cannot automatically be imported into RealityCapture, but you can find them in your phone storage and transfer them to your PC.

And the Real Time Assistant is a tool available in RealityCapture and it is not connected to RealityScan.

Like kumateCR mentioned. The photos are saved on the phone, specifically in the Files app. Go to: Files → On My iPhone → RealityScan → Captures. On Windows download them either via iTunes or I like to sync the photos to my Google Drive or Box. It’s easier than using iTunes.

2 Likes

This does sound like a great feature request :slight_smile: Thank you.

Does any one know where the storage location on an Android device, seeing previous replies for apple it is “Files → On My iPhone → RealityScan → Captures” I am trying to find them for Android.

A request would be, to have an option within the app to jump to the location on the device or a toggleable option if it doesn’t save to the device to do so. (as I have plenty of space on my phone) *Great app btw, having alot of fun.

I had to find a process on my iPhone to download the RealityScan images to my Windows computer. This is the process that worked for me; however, a more efficient method may exist.

1. Open Files app on iPhone
  2. Set Locations to “On My iPhone”
  3. Open RealityScan folder
  4. Open Captures folder
  5. Open Project folder for your project (folder names contain date of the project)
  6. Select the three dots at top-right of iPhone screen to sort the files
  7. Sort by “Kind” (this should group all the image files together to make it easier to select and download)
  8. Scroll to locate the image files (filetype HEIF). An icon of the image is displayed next to the filename.
  9. Select the three dots at the top-right of iphone screen then the “Select :heavy_check_mark:” option
  10. Select the image files that will be downloaded. A blue checkmark will be displayed.
  11. Select Upload at the bottom-right of iPhone screen

Option 1 - Save images to Drobox

After selecting the Upload option…

• Select the Save to Dropbox option (If the Save to Dropbox option does not appear, select “Edit Actions…” near the bottom of the same screen and turn on the Dropbox option.)
  • Select location to save in Dropbox and Save files. A progress screen will appear showing progress of uploads to Dropbox)

Option 2 - Save Images to your Photos and save to computer

After selecting the Upload option…

• Select the “Save [#] Images” to save the selected images to your iPhone photo library
  • Connect iPhone to computer to begin process of transferring image files from iPhone
  • Select “Allow” on your phone, if prompted to “Allow this device to access photos and videos.” You may need to login to your phone to receive message.
  • The images files will be accessible in Windows Explorer under Apple iPhone \ Internal Storage \ DCIM
  • Locate the folder containing the image files and use Windows Explorer to copy files to PC

The Dropbox option is the easiest for me. I would love to hear a more efficient way until they hopefully provide this option in the app.

1 Like

Hi! for android users
Android\data\com.epicgames.realityscan\files\projects\

3 Likes

Can I reuse same photos in another project? My project is stuck in upload process, I would like to restart from scratch, but I can’t take the photos again.

Where?

But those are just the captured images.
What do you see, when you open your application in the project list?