Can I make my landscape bigger?

I have my map pretty much completed but have changed my mind as to how I want to limit the players area of movement. Up until now I have been using some cliffs but I have now decided that I want to create mountains around the scene with blocking volumes at the bottom.

Is there a way that I can enlarge my landscape so I can do this? I have tried simply scaling but UE crashes whenever I do this.

Thanks in advance!

You can create additional landscapes, inside the landscape tool. Just create the desired mountain size then place the landscape mountain around your existing “main” landscape.

But you could also click your existing landscape and increase the scale settings there. When UE crashes upon scaling, well then this is either a bug or some computer limitations on your side, i would guess.

Hi, could you attach crash logs here?
For extending landscape you can add additional components to it using “Add component” in landscape “Manage” tool.

Hi, thanks for that. My computer should be more than capable of sculpting landscape so I’m guessing the landscape is corrupt or something? I have attached the crash log. Please let me know if you spot any thing that could be wrong! Many thanks.

[][1]
[1]: 37029-landscape+sculpt+crash+log.pdf (38.9 KB)