Can I just package&send shootergame to my friend?

Hi! I want to ask if I am just able to package and upload the shootergame example found from the marketplace to my friend? The intention is to give him access to seeing the engine render in real time in his computer the rather pretty visuals of it, so that he could be convinced to accept working on UE4 instead of Unity :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks!

If you will not sell it to him or he wont sell it , and its just as a Demo , then there is no problem here.

Yop, packaging and sending it should be no problem. He just isn’t allowed to use any code of the UE4 or the UE4 it self.

I recommend to change the AppID of the ShooterGame to 480. So you both can test the game over Steam. It will be adressed as “Space War” which is the TestGame of Steam for developers.
This has to be done before packaging it and can be done inside the DefaultEngine.ini file inside the Config Folder of the ShooterGame Project. The line should look like this:

SteamDevAppId=480

There will already be a line with another number. Just change it.

Hi ,

Packaging a copy of Shootergame and giving it away to a friend for free is perfectly fine.

The intention is to give him access to seeing the engine render in real time in his computer the rather pretty visuals of it, so that he could be convinced to accept working on UE4

I would like to clarify that the EULA does permit you to package and share sample games and your own projects, but does not allow the sharing of the engine itself. So you could show your friend shootergame via executable or by watching you use your copy of the engine.

Let me know if you have any questions.