Can I install Unreal Engine on my computer? What are minimum HARDWARE requirements?

Hello, I have tried a few times to install Unreal Engine, but don’t remember which versions and it was another hardware.
I now have a laptop with these hardware -

Is it enough to run Unreal Engine?
I am asking, because I use Unity3d game engine for a few years, and like it most - it is much smaller, more friendly and easy to understand, with lots of good documentation, so I easily switched from Visual Basic to C#\Unity. Now I am studying C++ in academy for one semester already. We are just studying console mode in Windows, started 2nd semester. Anyway, we sometimes study structures related to interface - graphics, points, draw some character on screen, in some colors etc. I want to learn C++\Unreal Engine, but something is stopping me.

First, I have a SSD disk, and not sure if Unreal Engine will be saving my SSD disk from crashing… Say, I have Unity, and it was slow. So I added SSD instead of HDD, and Unity became much faster… But Unreal - it always so slow… So I decided - no, it’s too much. But it was on HDD… I don’t know about SSD… Is it good idea to use SSD for Unreal Engine? How much Enreal Engine uses disk memory? I tried to make a few projects - and was so chocked - several hundred megabytes were taken for very small project, which was empty… ;-( comparing to Unity3d, it is very strange, and too much. In Unity, I can make simple blank project, and it will take almost nothing, maybe if I compile it to Android apk - that will be just like 20-30 MBytes. I never had any success with making even “Hello world” in Unreal Engine…

I just looked on internet for some “portable Unreal Engine”, which will usually be much smaller, but have necessary core features. Couldn’t find.
Installing another 10-20-20 gigabytes for Unreal on main HDD will make my OS almost unusable - as I’ll have only another 20-30 GBytes free, and that’s not good. So I think maybe I have to install it on external HDD?

Anyway… I have just 4GBytes Ram… is it OK for Unreal Engine?
Also, I never found any good documentation for Unreal. How to make simple games. It was so nice in Unity3d…
So I wonder where can I download hundreds of free sample projects - maybe developed by fans and released as open-source( there are lots like that, and even on Assets store of Unity3d)…
So I can start going deep into Unreal Engine, trying to make own games…

You can see my profile here - Learn game development w/ Unity | Courses & tutorials in game design, VR, AR, & Real-time 3D | Unity Learn
I made a few sample projects in Unity3d, but not very happy with them… Biggest problem - I was trying to make test-level like for game “Diablo-1”, but I couldn’t manage to make “click on monster -> approach him -> start attack” feature… It was bugging never-endingly…

Also, I have some idea of using Lego-like 3d model (have own bought from fan art site for 30$), and I wonder if I can use that in Unreal Engine?
It is human rig - standard, and should support many animations like idle, walking, running, jumping, attacking with different weapons, magic, get hit, dying etc… there are hundreds like that for Unity3d in fbx format… Does Unreal Engine support FBX? I coud n’t manage to find out for to add 3d models to Unreal and add animations and make them controllable with mouse/keyboard… even map-editor was very complicated… you have so many features in interface, so I 'ld prefer simplified version with most important features \ commands available in interface. others are to be more hidden (shown in expert mode)… because so many features shown on screen makes me feel stress and unhappy… and I like white colors like In Unity3d, and not like dark colors of Unreal Engine interface. want that all to be as white as possible… and those buttons so big, very strange…

I’ve heard from some friends, that Unreal engine has much more features that Unity3d. Maybe, yes, C++ must be more advanced than C#… But…
I didn’t noticed that Unreal Engine is user-friendly… I want a very detailed, as much as possible manuals on how to make games, at least basics - adding 3d model of human, adding animations to that, adding scripts to that 3d model, so it should work -> compile –> run… and unto which platforms Unreal can compile to? is it cross-platform like Unity3d? I need at least compilation to Android\apk…

I remember when back in 90-es I played Doom and Quake, and it was fun, So if Unreal Engine can make such games - cool. but…
does Unreal Engine really needs 64 Gigabytes RAM?

My hardware is:
Asus X200MA Performance Results - UserBenchmark Asus X200MA laptop: - my CPU: Intel Celeron N2830 - two cores, Base clock 2.15 GHz

• my Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail 0.667 - 0.854 GHz) / 1.8GB (shared video-memory with Ram as I understand)
  • SSD: Kingston SUV500240G 240GB (main, with OS Win7)
  • HDD on USB: HGST HTS 545050A7E680 500GB
  • RAM: Hynix HMT451S6AFR6R-PB 1x4GB (cannot be extended, it is one chip)

is this enough to run Unreal? Where should I install Unreal Engine to make it work OK?

Or would I need to buy another laptop (not possible in closest time)… maybe desktop used, but which one you recommend?

when I was buying used Laptop, I just opened minimum requirements of Unity3d, and it said that some OpenGL/DrectX versions must be supported, some CPU etc, 64 bit,
so I found - OK, and have bought it…

now, I am shocked to see 64 GB ram recommended for Unreal Engine! just tell me what is minimum hardware requirements? will it run on my laptop. and if will run - is it worth it at all? or it will be a complete never-ending head-ache?

like I had installed Unity3d, and changing one small line in one .cs script, had to recompile the file for several minutes, so I had no other choice but to switch to SSD…
I don’t want to kill my SSD by installing Unreal Engine to it…
is it a good idea to install Unreal Engine itself (as it is big) - on HDD, but have my documents on SSD? Or opposite? or ok to install all on HDD? or better all on SSD?
I really don’t know. Have SSD for a first time, and heard they crash so often nowadays… I don’t want Unreal Engine to be the cause of it (hope it will not be a reason)…

thank you in advance

Ivan

Your laptop is well below the minimum requirements to run UE4, that would have issues running many Unity projects as well.

It’s the whole system that just isn’t very powerful.
64GB memory isn’t necessary, that’s more than what is needed by the vast majority of people. 8GB can work to a limited degree, 16GB would be fine for most people, 24-32GB would be great. 64Gb would rarely get used.

As far as learning and content, there’s plenty of learning materials online. There’s official documentation: Unreal Engine 4 Documentation | Unreal Engine Documentation
Epic also has a Youtube channel where they post UE4 learning material: https://www.youtube.com/unrealengine

To install UE4 there’s the Epic Games Launcher (it’s for their game store but also has a section to install Unreal Engine). There’s free content you can download from within the Launcher.

sorry to hear that ;-(
can you advice some older version, which hopefully have less hardware requirements, so I can learn at least in that older version? Unreal Engine v1, 2 or 3, I don’t know…

Well, in closest future I can’t make upgrade, so now I have to use that hardware which I have. GTX-1060 is not that cheap for me (new is more expensive that my whole laptop, Lol :wink: )…
To install SSD was an advice from one guy (my tutor of Unity3d), who had SSD, and I was pretty amazed, how everything worked fast on his PC. So he said, his first advice is to get SSD, as it can be upto 100 times faster. At least, as I see from many sites, speed of reading/writing of around 0,5MByte/s (reading from different sectors, so it can’t rotate so fast as 5400rpm etc) - is very sad thing - even slower than Internet (Lol), so my first choice was upgrade Disk to SSD. I am not sad about that at all. at least I had no choice of CPU/RAM upgrade, as my laptop is not upgradable (like microwave owen or fridge, and that kind of nonsense, why not make each component of laptops/Android-mobiles upgradable?)…
Anyway. My only next question would be: what is minimum requirement of hardware for UE would be in closest 5-10 years, so that when in some future I’ld buy a new PC (yes, probably additionally to my laptop, and most probably also used), - what are required minimum number of CPU cores? which generation you advice of CPUs? maybe AMD is better than Intel? I always liked AMD more - cheaper, and still almost same as Intel in performance. Anything changed since 1990-2000-es (sorry, was busy in all kinds of philosophies/religions, and not with computer hardware at all :wink: not have to go back to all this kind of boring stuff…)
Would you advice some minimum number of CPU-cores? What about minimum speed of each core?
Do you have specific requirements about versions of OpenGL/DirectX which are minimum for newest UE versions? So that I’ld have some 5-10 years of ability to use newest UE, if I’ld buy another used PC in close future… I mean, it can be as good as new, just cheaper (say, 1 year old etc)…
maybe you have some special benchmarks, which give some number of “points”, - some numbers, for CPU, RAM, Video-card etc, and going into some ranges would place such and such hardware in “minimum/non-comfortable level” of performance, some other - to “some comfortable OK” level of performance (separately for Video/CPU/RAM/Disk etc), and I see, there are always very expensive hardware of 10-000$+ usd, so I’m not going to ask about that expensive things (but desirable of course :wink: )…
I mean, i’ld like to be in middle, OK level of hardware, but just buy used PC (not so old, used for past few years, resold for good reasonable price)… So my one of main points would be good support for UE4+, good performance (medium, OK) level of performance…

1. As for UDK. I just cannt find where to download it… I found this link in your site:
    UDK Licensing Resources - Unreal Engine
    but when I clock from there to Download UDK
  • I cannot really see any download link…
    Do you provide download of latest stable version of UDK from official UE site?
    of course, I can google for some other websites, which host old apps, but never sure they host last stable releases, and I frankly speaking always want avoid such sites as they have ads, sometimes fake links (like with “UE4 portable” etc). so it’s always to get official version, if that’s previous - UDK etc…

3 As for Godot. I just installed it. this seems OK… But… Few years ago, I was trying to install few dozens of different game engines (supporting different programming languages, PLs) (Amazon Lumberyard was hugest, and still was not really able to make it work… even bigger than UE, I guess). So I think, it’s best to stick to ‘trending’ game engines like Unity, Unreal Engine etc… Which are used by big companies also. And what is the use of learning some small game engines, some 2d c++ game engine?
Well, as my point is to learn “C++ for games”, that can be good as starting point… But frankly speaking… I was very inspired by Unity3d’s free complete projects, which I could get from official assets store etc (there are other free\open-source sites, simply they don’t want to put their complete projects on assets store, or don’t pass some editors approval, don’t know why, anyway,).
So, for me, when I see good results of using game engine, and I see I can make not just 2d game like chess (I have a several small 2d games, in Visual basic, in c#, - WinForms, and also in Unity), but when I see 3d games using OpenGL/DirectX… Wow! then I think: “I want it” :wink: Thus… choices like Godot is maybe ok… but for some time only…

We are now studying C++OOP, and our teacher adviced me to try SFML as c++ graphics library or game engine (not sure what is it, never heard of SFML before), and also Unreal Engine. But he also said, that I’ld want to go into gamedev, then I can’t earn more than 1500$ a month using Unity3d…
It was funny to hear for me (he said: “you would resented” about this), but for even such money is very good :wink: I never earned anything from programming, making games, but I feel Unreal is much better platform, and probably best for now. Especially because it is C+±based (which is harder, but can do more than Unity/c#), though - requires better hardware, and also more programming/c++ skills (I think)…
I’ve took a look at Unreal assets store, and saw very nice videos of assets, even free, which look really better than that in Unity3d. So, of course, I want to learn UE :wink:
And even UE3 (UDK) is ok for me…

Actually, maybe I have to say a bit about why I want do game-programming? Simplest answer: my spiritual master once said: “let;s make a computer game based on Mahabharata”.
Mahabharata is 5000-old story, about how Krishna descended unto Earth (he descents everytime when religion declines, and atheism starts ruling everywhere), and after a war between Krishna (+His devotees) vs demons or non-devotees (allies of Duryodhana) and even some devotees, but who happened to take part in war on side against Krishna (like Karna, Bhishma, Drona etc, they had to fight against Krishna).
So, this is the idea which I want to do - a computer game, based on some game engine… or even it can be board game, or a mod of some game like Heroes of Might and Magic/Diablo etc, making in DOS/Windows console or WinForms is not a choice, sure :wink: it should all be very aesthetical…

In around 2012-2013, and more precisely after around 2014, when war started in Ukraine (yes, I’m from Ukraine, and already there are around 13 000 people were killed since 2014, when our president ran away from his post, “heavenly hundred” were killed etc)… Before that, I happened to come for dispute between one ex-priest, more precisely, “candidate of theology”, who was excluded from Russian Orthodox Church, because of his book “Why I became atheist”. SO because of this man, Duluman, around several hundreds of popes (priests) abandoned religion (as he said about himself), he also said “man is God”, etc. So, he was “last military atheist in Ukraine” (though, saying, “we are not military atheists, not hooligan-atheists - we are ethical, non-violent atheists”)… on other hand, on ad of one dispute of his events, which he organized in Kiev (where I live), there were a picture “Lenin and Jesus, with Mickey Mouse in between, holding their hands” ;-))… on side of Jesus was some pro-religious christian, theist, and under Lenin picture was written name “Duluman Evgraph: candidadte of theology, doctor of philosophy, atheist #1 in Ukraine”… shock? yes, I never saw people with such two in one contradictions… anyway, not going into details… I asked: “Lenin ordered to mass kill as may priests as possible with machine-guns” and “you are almost a priest - candidate of theology”, so what do you think about his worlds?
So Duluman replied: “someone like you must be mass-killed with machine gun!” … in Russian he used literally word “rasstreliat”, from “rasstrel”, which means using some machine-gun for killing many people in very short time… Usually, when I think about which kind of weapon might be used for “rasstrel” (killing with machine gun), I’ld think about “Avtomat Kalashnikova”, AK-47.
In context of computer games, in famous game Doom-1, it would roughly be Chaingun.
I was scared, when he said that. My immediate reply was “Krishna also killed demons”… Anyway, he said - there is no soul, no life after earth, there is no God in any of religions, and that “Allah killed people, so as killing is a sin - God is a sinner”, but he next said “but we are not hooligan/military atheists, we are ethical atheists”…
anyway, he died on my birthday in 2013, on June 24…

Then in end of 2013 Leninfall happened, when Lenin was destroyed in center of Kiev… And people became radicalized, one side - became for-russian (USSR) side, including Yanukovich, who didn’t want to go to European Union. Other side wanted to protest against Yanukovich and move towards Russia (which would mean - towards communism, and all that bad things which now happen in 5 nowadays-communist-states like China, Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Laos… And that’s a lot of people! I was myself studying chinese in school for 9 years, now have no idea what to with that, because if I’ll go to China, there will be communists ruling, who don’t allow going to Google.com, youtube.com, facebook.com, wikipedia etc, who ban religion there. Even “Hare Krishna”-movement there is still underground… I am “Hare Krishna” devotee myself, have initiation from His Holliness Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev Goswami Maharaj (he disappeared\died almost 10 years ago).

Also, as by horoscope my atma-karaka (soul-planet - that is “desire of whole life”) is Mars - who is “god of war”, who rules all army of demigods, thus naturally I’m interested in computer games… But my life’s aim is also - ahimsa
on-violence (not in a way as atheists think that it should be without God, though non-violence is itself divine quality. atheists may have divine qualities as well, qualities of saints, that is paradox, really)…

Now our president is Zelenskiy - who is famous for his movie-series “Servant of nation”… But in one of his trailers he “mass-kills all the government of Ukraine with machine gun” :wink:
see - you can see here - https://youtube.com/watch?v=81XvoQlqHvMit is his video before he became a president :wink: very funny. I’m not afraid to say about this all now.
(the short content of that trailer:
"- Zelenskiy: people don’t want to forgive and wait now… society have changed… Let’s vote …
only one supports Zelenskiy… he said: “sorry, I by mistake pressed that button”.

• some minister: so who is responsible for this? who is faulty? You!"
    Zlenskiy takes his machinegun and masskills all government, and message on voting-board: “decision is taken… unanimously”…
    Movie: “Servant of the nation 2”.

now people are thinking a lot in Ukraine about war, all kinds of wars, making computer games based even on current events …
by the way, my interest in game engines started with this forum about game engines - Checking your browser... | gcup.ru
I (Vedaviz) there wanted to make a program, which automatically converts books into cartoons/computer-graphics-movies/generates game-levels/games…
now I am closer to making computer games manually - based on Mahabharata…

Though, some people say, that if I can make such program - than it can make me a lot of money…
I used SharpNLP to automatically analyze English texts. some phrases like “Arjuna killed 300 000 000 demons”, “Krishna killed Kamsa” etc, and that is automatically parsed into a file (wuth part of speech tagging, and in form of a hierarchical-tree), and then I open that in Unity3d, and, if phrases are simple, all nouns are in DB\Unity-dictionary, and each verb (like ‘killed’'defeated’) has animation inside Unity-db, then it is matched with noun\fbx file, which is instantiated from prefab as some warrior…
I manually made around 30 levels for Mahabharata in Unity3d (test levels only in iddqd\idkfa - so-called ‘god’-mode with all weapons), so I manually put all units unto map… now I want to make that faster, to generate levels fast, just inputting who killed from on which level… how many units on each side (demoniac\divine), how many soldier-units in each kind of group of warriors… there are hundred+ kinds of creatures in Mahabharata, so they can be visualized, part of them also took place in war… this war, which is happened some 5000 years ago, and after which only divine being were left ruling all over planet Earth (according to founder of ISKCON, saint and avatar Prabhupada)…

I also wanted to take program called “BookNLP” to automatically analyze big texts, books, especially with events like wars (history books), where some kill others, so not to do that manually…
In Mahabhrata book itself, when there is main 18-day war - there are many events described, that, say, ‘Arjuna shot hundreds of thousands of arrows simultaneously’ etc (his bow is equal to 100 000 bows, according to this epic Mahabharata, which is factual history). there were many creatures who could do magic - transparency, fly in sky (Ghatotkacha), make a ‘rainfall’ of swords, rocks, axes, stones, trees from sky, ‘rainfall’ of blood, flesh, bones etc… there were ponds/lakes of blood described in Mahabharata… many rakshasas (people-eaters, canibbals) also came to Kurukshetra (field where war took place), and ate flesh (also animals did so)…

Actually I’ve heard that in some VIP restaurants in Chinese communist party they eat human flesh, of aborted babies… I’m not sure it is fact, but maybe… in Ukraine, in 1933 was so-called “Holodomor” - famine in Soviet Ukraine, so people sometimes even ate their relatives, children etc…
Now, in present-day-Communist-ruled China, government kills many Fa-lung-gong people (buddhists) in prisons, and sell their organs for transplantation… It’s done in demoniac way… They take out heart, and other organs of living people… they kill them for organs… I wonder what kind of hell is this… now hundreds of thousands of people leave Chinese communist party, but still they rule… They ban book “9 comments about Chinese communist party”, and one who distributes it - can go to prison for several years in China… There are also “anonymous hackers in China” who do not forgive and do not forget all such crimes, but no-one cares…
Now, unfortunately (maybe you don’t know), in Ukraine, after Crimea (it was illegal “voting”) wanted to become part of Russia, “Donetsk National Republic”, which is considered terrorist organization by official Ukraine now) is declared in their “constitution” that they are “successors to Donetsk Soviet Republic”, which was also communist state, atheistic (which means mass killing with machine guns etc, like that by Stalin, Lenin etc)…

In our computer Academy one man came, millionaire, Oleksandr Melamud, so I asked him about my idea, of program of “automatic conversion of books into games/cartoons”, he said “start with something small, maybe you’ll become richest man in the world, so I wish you to become such”. he left me a phone number, but I am not ready for big money :wink:
In ad (non official) of Unity3d on some websites I see, there is written “Unity3d is on your side of million of dollars”…
Russian company “Bazelevs innovations” wanted to make such progaram, and received some millions from Skolkovo fund to make this kind of program, but they ended up with their “FilmLanguage” only suitable for making games for kindergarden children… cooperating with Paramaunt compedy making “Chromosapiens”, which automatically converted commands for two robots into youtube cartoon-videos.
it used text-to-speech. was done with Unity3d… So I became interested in Unity3d… But people advice to change game engine…
I just need FBX animations. Unity3d has on assets store “Huge FBX Mocap Library” from “Carnegie-Mellon University” - Huge FBX Mocap Library part 1 | 3D Animations | Unity Asset Store… it has around 2500 FREE animation for humanoid FBX actors (as you call them in Unreal, and it’s good term), - it takes only just several gigabytes of disk-space.
I’ve bought some LEGO human minifigure (little 30$), it is fan-made, for non-commercial use only, sure, but it is a good style of how I imagine this program of “text\book -> game\cartoon” should look like… When Lego minifigures are smiling - noone can resist it, and everyone loves Lego for that nice smile and good taste they have (not always though)… People from Lego liked the idea, but they are not going to include SharpNLP\BookNLP etc into their LegoDigital-Designer etc, to generate game levels… But I know Lego makes games using Unity Engine, and that’s cool… problem is to get many creatures in one style… even to get them in 2d is a trouble.

my “Hare Krishna” friends make Mahabharata comix now. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fulldome.mahabharata&hl=ru
we want some day to make computer game also, based on Mahabharata. maybe board game also. maybe it will be Mod of some other game (Heroes 3.5 Mop\Typhon etc, as it can include 999 creatures, it has best aesthetics I ever sen in games, ind as said “beauty will save the world”, so as for games, I’ld say, “Heroes of Might and Magic will save the world” :wink: )…

Igor Baranko and Alexey Chebikin - draw comixes for this Mahabharata (and they have special mantra, though, they are not Hare Krishnas, like me ;-)),
maybe they or some people like them will do art for Mahabharat 2d\3d game… even making 2d animations is a struggle. it is easy to take Lego-style minifigues - and add them 3d animations - like there is Unity3d pack - RPG Character Mecanim Animation Pack | 3D Animations | Unity Asset Store
maybe i’ll have to buy it, though instead of Lego minifig we’ld have to invent own creature (if that will ever become commercial, though I doubt it as “devotional service must be selfless and continuous”, so … we don’t earn money on this, so it is slow making all this)…

For Text-to-speech I used Text to Speech Unity Win sample test - Finalmarco's corner
for Unity. but sound is not perfect … I like text-to-song from Yamaha VOCALOID , and by the way I write religious\philosophical verses\poetry, and translate songs of some saints :wink: like “everything about God is nectar” (Krishna and Jesus, both)… You know, Jesus was in India, in Krihsna’s temple of Jagannatha (“lord of universes”) and met with Babaji Maha-avatar…
you know, Steve Jobs, before death wanted to distribute a book of Yogananda "Autobiography of a Yogi” to everyone. It was his last message to everyone… He (Steve) said “I’ld exchange all my technologies into an evening with Socrates”… and yes, Steve went to Hare-Krishnas, and liked that a lot (he said in video in 2005 in Stanford)…
I recently got initiation from reincarnation of Yogananda Pramahamsa (whom Steve liked most) - that is Vishwananda Swami. But who cares? :wink: we chant “Om”, “Om Namo Narayanaya” etc, and it feels as happy and joyous, as I felt when I was in India in Rishikesh in 2004, - where Beatles also were (Rishikesh is a “capital of yoga)”… feeling was like in heaven\paradise…

what demotivates me about computer games, artificial intelligence, is that “artificial intelligence” was invented (as term) by some atheist John McCarthy. Of course, to make games, we must use “A.I.”, but AI as it is in China nowadays, which bans chinese people from internet normally, from the truth… communists are like “agents of matrix” who don’t want that we (like Neo) to see the truth, that “matrix\system has us”… with C++ we can shoot our legs… and that is kind of being a samurai, who can kill himself if necessary… I once even was on line of commiting suicide, now I understand we must not kill ourselves or others, but kill only our egoism (false-ego, ahamkara). when we imitate others, - we are not ourselves, we are “actors” (like that robots in computer games etc who are soul-less), that is bad… but sword of samurai is his “heart”… so, if not taken literally, we must become like samurais, who should use their swords of knowledge (like in Bible, “take armor of God”), and detach from this “matrix”…

I like how Obama said - “don’t just play on your phone. program it”… yes, Steve Jobs also said - “everyone should learn programming, as it teaches us to think”…
Famous Henry Ford, he liked ideas of karma, reincarnation, vegetarianism, now his grand-son - Albert Ford, became “Hare-Krishna” devotee (which means everyday chant “Hare Krishna\Rama” mahamantra, follow 4 principles of sinless life - no illicit sex, no meat\fish\eggs eating, no tobacco\alcohol, no gambling)… he spent over 1 000 000 of dollars for “Vedic Planetarium” in India… Here, in Kiev, we had main Kiev planetarium, and our Hare-Krishna devotees made “Atmasfera 360” spherical planetarium… there are shows for children, - galaxy, planetary systems etc… but some content is made in Unreal Engine… like for Chinese Year, now they do it in UE, and I was amazed how nice is that… (they don’t like my favorite Unity3d)…
One programmer there said “Unreal Engine is much better than Unity3d… Unity has comparatively very little features of Unreal Engine”…

In that planetarium there is also spherical show\cartoon"14 planetary systems" (that roughly corresponds to 7 heavens and 7 lands of religions like islam, jewdaism and Christianity, “Mohammad was on 7th heaven according” to Quran), story about Little Krishna etc, which is shown for free. Now we even have exhibition - Samskara, which is made together with Android Jones. He likes hinduism\indian philosophy, Bhagavad Gita (“song of God”) of Lord Krishna, - https://androidjones.com/
he has digital pictures of Jesus, Buddha, demigod Ganesha (with elephant head), etc… He made some content for movie ‘Star Wars’ and ‘Avatar’…

Though, when I showed to Duluman a picture “here is Krishna, God, why you don’t accept Him”, he said “ha-ha, you can draw any stuff”… so atheists do not believe in God, even if there is Icon of holy God or His deity in temple in from of them, unfortunately…

though famous people like Einstein liked Indian philosophy, and they could unite science and philosophy\religion, without any problem…
I like words of “A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough…” - Alan Perlis
actually, after I studied for a while on “philosophy department\religion” (Kiev Univeristy of Taras Shevchenko, which had “cathedra of schientific atheism” in USSR times, and Duluman was one of key persons there, teaching atheism), after that I became more interested in aphorisms, and programming, as “wisdom is priceless”… or as Aristotle said: “Science of God is best, but other sciences are more unavoidable”… we can’t avoid medicine, can’t avoid technology, programming, artificial intelligence even… our spiritual master Madhusudan Maharaj, said that, “even if that atheist John McCarthy invented AI, he will get sukriti (spiritual benefit), for serving devotees by providing AI for devotional games”…
Just like there is story about one saint, who drank water from a well, which was built by atheist… that’s like this…

of course, computer games never killed anyone, so they are completely non-violent things, even if in game someone dies, someone is killed.
impact of games on psychology is another subject. we want to make heroic game… it’s idea is protection of saints, devotees of God, religion etc from non-believers who want to “mass-kill” saints, priests etc (like Lenin wanted to in USSR)…

There is one famous guru, (I’ld say he is one of my spiritual masters also) - His Holiness Radhanatha Swami, he spoke to Obama, in Ford, in Apple, in Google. He, I guess, has disciples like Ambarisha, Albert Ford (grandson of Henry Ford), and some say, some other millionaire also… Avatar\saint Prabhupada, founder of ISKCON (“International society for Krishna consciousness”) is said to make a richest religious organization. Famous Beatles donated to ISKCON whole temple in London, and money to print book about Krishna. George Harrison from Beatles even died in presence of Hare Krishna devotees, who were chanting holy names… Harrison was called “guardian of ISKCON” by Prabhupada … his album with mantras was at one time everywhere on radio on top places in hit-parades. Harrison wrote:

there is one interesting word “sadhu” which means “One who cuts”. it can also mean some devotee, or even saint. So we should not cut with swords, but with knowledge…
However… I like how in Mahabharata there were sadhus who could use magic words, mantras to invoke deadly weapons like Brahma-astra (which is nuclear weapon), etc.
I really want to believe that Word is more powerful that power of weapons…
Brahmins, who are priests or saints in Vedas, they are supposed to know BrahmAn (God), and they use shastras (mantras, scriptures, who are as sharp as swords against sins etc),
while another, subordinate class - kshatriayas - military people, politicians - they use astra - metal etc weapons…
Robert Oppenheimer, who invented Nuclear bomb, said that when he invented that deadly bomb, he remarked that it brought to mind words of Krishna from the Bhagavad Gita: “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
The only difference, is that now is other time, and we consider philosophy of Lord Chaitanya (who is origin of Krishna, and who is like Buddha or Jesus) more important than Krishna.
As our weapon is divine sinless\holy\divine love, even towards so-called “enemies”… if everyone eternally is a part a particle of God, His friend, how can anyone have an enemy?

Sorry, for going into this religious philosophy…

Make Peace Not War

Yes, you can install Unreal Engine on your computer as long as your system specification is as such:

• Desktop PC or Mac.
  • Windows 8.1 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9. 2 or later.
  • Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster.
  • NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher.
  • 8 GB RAM.

So go ahead. Build your own Epic game.
Regards.

this is what I’m going to do
UDK seems OK for my hardware

CG Geek - YouTube just watch this guy lower your resolution to smothing thigns up on your game

could i install unreal engine i will buy windows 10 so could i use unreal engine