Can I force animation to play on greyed out joints?

In my current Project I am using the UE4 Mannequin and it’s default skeleton. Right now I am trying to replace the UE4 Mannequin Mesh with another skeletal mesh (the trooper from the matinee project on the marketplace).

After migrating the trooper, I deleted the trooper’s skeleton (which is basically a duplicate of the UE4 skeleton) and replaced it with the already existing UE4 skeleton in my project to make all the animations work with the new Mesh.

So far so good. After replacing the skeleton asset instance, all my animations play properly on the new trooper mesh in my project. However, during runtime, I noticed, not all joints on the trooper mesh are moving. Actually all the IK Joints remain stiff and I think that is due to the fact, that the IK joints are not part of the tropper’s mesh skinning.

To be honest, I encountered that issue a couple of times now already, where you have multiple meshes that share the same skeleton but not all joints/bones of the skeleton are part of the meshes skinning definition, which prevents the full animation from playing/updating.

So my question is, is there any way to force the animation to play on the whole skeletal hierarchy, independant from which joints are part of the mesh skinning?

For those who still don’t know what I am talking about, please take a look at the attached screenshot. The greyed out bones with the small dot in front of their name are the joints that are not part of the meshes skinning and basically won’t update during runtime.