Can Anyone Help With Getting Trailer Footage For My Game?

I have a build of my game, and I’m ready to start sharing it.

My PC is really not powerful enough to record with even at medium settings and I really want decent footage to share.

If anyone would be kind enough to record a few portions of my game. (there are three games to play, but I only need the beginning of two games, and up to a few enemy enocunters for the first)

I have a shareable link to download from. It’s under 3GB.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sdRW7FCMrZnbkIxzi9kFT_Sa8j-1FRmt/view?usp=sharing

I’m not too sure where to ask for such a favor tbh.

Thank you to anyone who may want to help.

It’s a horror game. Files have notes for puzzle answers.

Edit: ClockworkOcean pointed out that I should show an example, so I uploaded a video. its pretty much what I wanted, it can all be achieved through gameplay. ~ Also to clarify, I’m only asking the raw footage is provided, no editing on anyone’s part

here is the video
- YouTube

Maybe if you could do the shots first, so someone can come along and do the same in high-res. Otherwise, it’s too open-ended…

Oh the pictures aren’t what I’m asking for, their just examples of what the games look like. I’m looking to create a gameplay trailer, so no fancy shots needed.

That’s what I mean. You need to make the trailer in low res, so someone can copy it. Otherwise you’ll spend your whole time moving the goalposts for them.

Okay, I just finished adding an example, as you suggested.

Ok, took a quick look. It’s not possible to adjust the graphics options with a KB, right arrow doesn’t work.

I do have a game pad, but I’m assuming you want to get both working…

EDIT: I’ve just done a bit, but it’s taking too long to find things. Can you give me a sequence of actions to follow. Which door, which corridor / door etc…?

For the next sequence;

• follow the light to the basement
  • Solve the puzzle in the furnace room (answer is in the text file “gameplay & puzzle guide” in the game’s folder)
  • A key will appear in the next room, use that to open the green door in the lobby
  • grab the bat and listen to the recorder and then go upstairs and solved the next puzzle (star Puzzle answer is in text file too)
  • Then fight the enemies and the elevator will open when their done
  • To trigger enemies in next sequence, get the Radio Puzzle wrong by finding 1-5 of the devices and pressing the Central radio device while one of them are on.
  • Fight the enemies a bit, and that’s that needed there.

The other games don’t need to be played as much, if you get stuck, whatever footage captured will be fine

For the Apartment game, the first sequence;

• read the letter in the hall
  • Go in the elevator that opens
  • A sound will play by the entrance with the light, pick up the object
  • That triggers a recorder appearing in the basement, listen to it and a ufo will appear outside
  • go up the window where you were at in the beginning and let the sequence play
  • Go into the elevator that opens and go back to where the letter was, there a new recorder there
  • Then go into the elevator that opens
  • That’ll start the next sequence

Ok, thanks for the instructions. Sorry this is taking so long.

Which elevator? None of them open…

Depending on which part you’re at
There are six elevators, 4 downstairs, and two upstairs (a ding sound will play when they open)
Make sure to press items and kill all enemies around

And no need to rush, thanks for helping, I’ll make sure to write up a guide on release.

So far I can’t open any elevators, I’ve tried them all. Do I press a button, or does it happen on overlap etc?

For the other game parts, I have so far done these:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iTrwvMIS3l7cM-P25bWR2KkM0jcemTYX?usp=sharing

Okay I’ve looked at the footage and it’s all great. If you can get a bit more of the apartment game (like walking around, looking at interesting points, like the basement more, and the lobby), if you can get that I can be out of your hair.

And for the elevators, there’s no button, you’re probably still in the first part, so the events that will open the elevators are;

• after looking at the toy, then listening to the recorder in the basement, and seeing the ufo in the window — opens an elevator in the hall.
  • After going into that elevator you have to go to where the letter is and press a newly found recorder there — opening the closest elevator to you in the lobby
  • and you don’t need to play much more after that.

Sorry :slight_smile: I just can’t find ANYTHING I can interact with. The only thing is the toolbox I get told not to touch. What am I missing?!..

There’s the starting corridor and two floors below that. That’s all I can find.

EDIT: Ok, found the note - we’re off…

Lol yeah I’ll definitely write out a thorough guide, and maybe change up how objects are hinted at.

ill download and take a look and record the gameplay

Using the furnace puzzle was one place. I switched applications for a moment ( to check the combo ), and when I came back, nothing worked.

Ok, so I’ve put a load more up.

Trouble is it keeps locking up and I keep having to re-run it.

I don’t suppose you can export just enough, so I can do some shots of shooting the alien?

Thanks. I appreciate it

Yeah that’s supposed happen. Happens when you press the recorder? Yeah, I had the dialogue system in a weird place so I had to disable input when listening, it didn’t lock on you lol.

Sorry for taking a while to answer my phone died, I won’t be able to reply till later I’m not home btw

If you’re looking to get very pretty footage of your game as establishing shots (Which i’d recommend including since that is clearly a strength of your project) I’d actually suggest using “Level Sequencer” to capture high quality footage of your game. You can set up camera movement and then tell it to produce a pre-rendered video at the highest settings you’d like.

The same can’t be done for actual gameplay, but I highly recommend using the level sequencer technique as it is great for the early parts of a trailer. Establishing the setting is crucial to immersing your viewers in your setting.