Can anyone help me with this error?

I started to make my own weapon and combined a few things from the ShooterGameExample and my Experience from other things. In Blueprints all works fine. Now i tried it in C++ and I only declared some Variabels and Functions until this error popped up:

Error 2 error MSB3073: The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” ASimpleGameEditor Win64 Development “C:\Users.…\Documents\Unreal Projects\ASimpleGame\ASimpleGame.uproject” -rocket -waitmutex” exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 ASimpleGame

I’m working with Visual Studio 2013 btw…
My Problem is now that even if i delete all the stuff i added it doesn’t work…

Thx forgott to look into the output log… I just removed all the replicated stuff and now it works :slight_smile:

When you say remove all your stuff do you mean deleted the newly added files and classes from the project. This error is usually in my experience something related to the macro reflection stuff (UCLASS, UPROPERTY, UFUNCTION, etc) or the file linking. Unfortunately this stuff can be tricky to hunt down.

If you are confident it isn’t your code you can try commenting out all macros aside from the GENERATED_BODY() macro in your class header and see if it builds.

Here’s something that might be helpful to tracking down your error, in visual studio go to debug->window->output and rebuild the project. The output window can help you see where in the build process a break occurs, not necessarily the error (C++ errors can be uninformative some times). If it is related to the macro reflection stuff the output window will likely fail before you get to building and linking files.

Got that error recently again and as u said with the U macros…
Do u have an advanced tip how to solve it? I mean i can’t leave all the macros out…

Ofc i’ll then mark it as resolved :wink:

Thx :slight_smile: I’ll try it out!

I haven’t got much access to the internet at the moment (phone internet currently) so my reply will be limited. Finding the issue with the macros can be tricky. Your issue with the macros is the arguments used, either the argument is invalid or the arguments conflict (such as the editanywhere and blueprint read only arguments).

I recommend looking at what arguments are used for the macros in the C++ example projects. Also look at the document page for the valid reflection properties that you can use as arguments for the macro.

Sorry for the limited response but I don’t have a computer or much internet access at the moment.

Good luck! :slight_smile: