Can Anybody explain why this is happening??

Can anybody tell me why this landscape keeps on dissapearing when the camera approaches? I have 2 landscapes in this scene, one doesn’t dissapear and the other one does when the camera approaches.

any ideas? using movie render queue for a cinematic.

Hello UnrealGuru, Welcome to the Forums.

Are both landscapes using the same material?

If not, I’d be curious to see the material graph for the one that’s disappearing.

Thanks Astrotronic!! Yes both landscapes are using the same material.

I am using an unreal engine marketplace asset to develop these landscapes. It may be an issue with that? but strange that one landscape works perfect and the other doesnt

Thanks for the extra info.

Judging by the features of that asset pack. I imagine the material graph would be fairly complex. (Don’t worry about posting it)

I see you posted this question on the Marketplace Creator’s page. That’s a good start. They seem very responsive/active. Try to share that video with them as well, and/or join their Discord.

If they are unable to help you, I’d start removing sections of the material graph (make a copy) to figure out what is breaking the rendering.

Looking at the video I can’t tell if it’s disappearing or that you are seeing a reflection up close of the sky, because it looks a lot like water. Can you test this?

*Edit I think I actually see the back of a landscape near the end of the video. In the material graph there is probably a node which reads the camera distance, that part where the distance is used as input for something else would be relevant to know.

Will do - thanks Astrotronic! I’ll report back on this!

Thanks Roy! I am going to look into this and report back!

Thanks to everyone who chimed in! Love this community. The problem was an issue with the marketplace terrain generator. The owner answred my question on discord and helped me solve the issue!

1 Like