Camshake controls weapon

Hey guys,

I’m creating a FPS weapon. To add realism, I decided to a camshake when you shoot. The camshake basically emulates the recoil of a gun.
What’s interesting is that I created a full auto rifle, and its camshake changes the pitch of the camera.

Now, my problem is this: If the camera is shaking and the crosshair is still in the centre of the screen, I think the rifle and its bullets should follow the crosshair. Instead, only the view and the crosshair moves.

How can I have the rifle follow the camshake?

I tried researching but nothing is found. Thank you a lot!

Hello Luca,

Cameshake effectively doesn’t move your camera center.
It’s like a relative view.

To emulate recoil, most of the game use a combinaison of screenshake (to have the effect of recoil, visually) and move the controller to X,Y position, you have a ton of tutorial on youtube about this subject, ue4 inclued.

1 Like

Hey Ahe,
Thanks for your answer. I used the solution you suggested yesterday (I actually had already done something like that) but I hoped there was a way to use the camshake.
Too bad! Thanks a lot for your time :slight_smile:

No problème.

I think it’s not possible cause camshake is like a camera offset for the VIEW of the camera and not the camera itself. So center of the camera doesn’t change in reality.

1 Like