Camera will not rotate using Blueprint

This is probably a simple fix but I have really been struggling to find a solution to why my Blueprint would not be working. I want to be able to rotate my camera, which is attached to a spring arm, using mouse axis input whenever the left mouse button is clicked. Whenever I play the game and try to rotate the camera, nothing happens.

Here is my Blueprint,

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the response.

I’m not using a GameMode or PlayerCharacter Blueprint, just an Actor Blueprint. Is it 100% necessary to have both of these Blueprints as well?

I’ve now edited my Blueprint. It mostly works fine, although I would like to lock the camera’s X rotation value at zero. When I added clamps for the float values of the rotation it now only allows me to rotate the camera around the Z axis. Any idea as to why this would be?

Be sure that this is a character that you’ve possessed. The easiest way is to let the system spawn it at the begin play. So in Project Settings → Maps and modes, you have your own game mode and your own character as pawn. That way it’s possessed at the start of the game.

Other things is enable Use pawn control rotation

86472-usepawnrotation.png

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Got it working, just need to clamp the X rotation value. Realised I needed to plug the Y value into ‘Make Rotator’.