Camera view changes by itself when idle for about 5 minutes, why?

I’m encountering a bug of some sort with my Unreal Engine 5 project where the camera view changes by itself when I’m idle for about 5 minutes, what causes this?

I use this Blueprint Nodes to set the camera view:

I’m am playing Cinematic Sequences(using Master Sequences) with multiple camera angles(or Level Sequences in it) before calling a function with these nodes to go back to a certain view angle when the cinematic is done.

1 Like

Hello MARKKUSROVER, welcome to the unreal community.

I attempted to reproduce the concern but was unable to. Are there any other functions regarding your character/camera in the background? I would love to know if anything is could possibly cause this to occur.

In the meantime, would setting the “Lock Outgoing” value provide and help? Generally, the “LockOutgoing” value will lock the viewtarget to last frame’s camera position for the remainder of the blend. I would also consider checking the master sequences in case there is additional translation somewhere.

I patiently await your response.

1 Like

I tried enabling Lock Outgoing to no effect.

This happens to all levels under one Persistent Level. All Streaming method is set to Blueprint. I tried setting one to always loaded but the camera still switches view on its own when idle for about five minutes.

Here is the blueprint of one level, which is the Main Menu:

There are no functions on this level.

I’ve observed that if I run the Level on it’s own, not from the Persistent level, the camera view switches to where Player Start is. If loaded from the Persistent Level, the view goes somewhere within the level but doesn’t seem to be aligned to a Player Start. But yeah, regardless of whether it’s run on its own or through a Blueprint in the Persistent Level, camera view switches on its own after about five minutes.

So I managed to create a workaround for this by just setting up a Timer by Event node to check when the view changes by itself. When it does, a custom event will then be run to reset the view.

I’ve observed that the view changes by itself at around 240-260 seconds after running/loading a level and it only happens once. After resetting the camera, it doesn’t happen again until you run the whole thing again.

I may not be alone in thinking that this is not the perfect workaround but atleast now the view resets back to how it was before the sudden camera view change. Feel free to add more to this if you guys find out what’s really causing the sudden view change. I tried finding out myself by disabling nodes and looking through some settings but I just cant find it. :sweat_smile:

I will also see if this happens in other Unreal projects I’ll be making. :smiley:

I had the same issue with one project, try this:

In GameMode set DefaultPawn Class to “None”

If you have a Default Pawn Class set and you do not spawn/use it unreal will spawn it after some times

PS: this fix works only if you don’t need of DefaultPawnClass obv, if you need it you should check if spawns correctly

let me know if works

2 Likes

This works! Thank you!

Nice solution! It is exactly what I need!