Camera transform change not working (SetWorldRotation, SetRelativeRotation)

Setting SetWorldRotation or SetRelativeRotation has no effect when called on the camera and/or springarm. Is there a reason why would be these method calls ignored?

I have camera as child of the springarm but for some reason it ignores the spring arm, and it’s in 0,0,0 local position, so spring arm is also seemingly not working. Camera shows left view for some reason and the rotation is not willing to change even manually setting rotation, it without a fail stays in some unknown rotation :slight_smile: When debugged I can actually see the SetWorldRotation is called but doesn’t have an effect on it.

UPDATE
When changed the camera settings to some massive exposure, it seems the camera is actually some different one, but it seems to stick to the player position anyway… so engine created some other camera instead?

UPDATE2
I’ve checked off Camera mesh hidden in game and even during simulation mode I don’t see camera attached to player mesh… Like it was deleted. Weird. So it seems Unreal engine deleted Pawn camera and created other one instead.
I don’t get why it creates some special camera not previously defined and not using the actual pawn camera?

I’ve somehow fixed this, but I’m not sure, what was the problem :slight_smile: Maybe I was overlooking something.

Anyway … do you know about some tutorials or other material which digs deeper into BP components and how it works in relation to parent-child components - mainly when using physics?

The issue is I have rotating mesh, so camera rotated with the mesh. There is UE example project looking on the ball from above, but I was not able to replicate it seemingly having the same settings.

I’ve managed to move camera using setworld methods and with some LERP easings but I have a feeling this is maybe solvable by spring arm itself?

It would be better to more understand how exactly is camera (as a child actor) affected.

I have used velocity of the ball to get direction and move camera in the opposite direction, and added it to the world location of the mesh at some distance and added constant value at Z coord (to look down at the ball).It looks good now, but I would like to better understand to have more confidence. e.g. shouldn’t I rather change relative location?

Have a look at my camera tutorial for some possible ideas

i meet the same situation, i found that controller control it , and after trying ----

//this->GetFollowCamera()->SetWorldRotation(FRotator(QuatA * QuatB));
//this->GetLocalViewingPlayerController()->SetControlRotation(FRotator(QuatA * QuatB));
//this->GetController()->SetControlRotation(FRotator(QuatA*QuatB));

they’re not working all!
then then then, i found so many configs about camera, like–

// Don't rotate when the controller rotates. Let that just affect the camera.
bUseControllerRotationPitch = false;
bUseControllerRotationYaw = false;
bUseControllerRotationRoll = false;
GetCharacterMovement()->bOrientRotationToMovement = false; 
CameraBoom->bUsePawnControlRotation = true; // Rotate the arm based on the controller
FollowCamera->bUsePawnControlRotation = false; // Camera does not rotate relative to arm

when do this : GetCharacterMovement()->bOrientRotationToMovement = false;

it works(SetWorldRotation), the camera turn right 90° and get the beside scene to window,and my character miss, he is on left outside…XD
i’m going to try controllerRotation—good luck anyone see this